Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 28th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 28th

Photobucket

Look a new banner! We had a lot of newbies join us last week which was just awesome. I love seeing how many people are enjoying the benefits of menu planning!

Okay first up is letting you all know how the Tortellini Primavera from last week went over. It was good but one box of spinach was WAY too much for me so next time less spinach and I think it will taste so much better! Also last week I made Stephanie’s Spud Special Soup and it was awesome!

I was so excited last week to only spend $100.00 on groceries for the week, that is a total record for me! I know many of you are also trying to lower your grocery bill. How is that going for you?

Last week I was noticing that the links were going all crazy and the columns were being pushed into my sidebar. I believe the problem is long links with no spaces so please try to avoid this.

Bad ~ Laura(menuplanmondayrocks)

Good ~ Laura (menu plan monday rocks)

My Type A personality thanks you!!

*******************

And now for my menu plan:

Monday: Fajitas

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken & Potatoes

Wednesday: Dinner out at friends

Thursday: Slow Cooker Dilled Pot Roast

Friday: Bread Machine Pizza Dough with Whole Wheat Flour

Saturday: Stirfry

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK? JOIN US!

(Menu Plan Monday guidelines are here)

Comments

74 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 28th”

We are all about trying to lower our grocery costs!

Hi Laura,thanks for hosting as always. I included the recipe for the Mexibake that I could last week in this week’s post. I have also used recipes from fellow menu planners for my ispiration this week.

Connie says:

I have been menu planning for two weeks at a time and only doing major shopping twice a month. This is working out great!!

Your menu looks so yummy this week! Can’t wait to try the Spud Special Soup!

Have a wonderful week!

Jessica says:

I’m trying out some new recipes this week from Deceptively Delicious!! This is my second week posting my menu plan and I love it. Thanks for hosting this.

Tamy says:

Slow cooker lemon Chicken sounds heavenly. I think I’m ready for spring.

HoosierGirl says:

I made the Tortellini Primavera and it was a big hit! I had to laugh at your comment about the spinach, though. I doubled the recipe (large family), and we said it was too much spinach, too. But everyone liked it.

Thanks!
    J.

Gail says:

The spud soup looks SO good! I really need to shop for a bread machine too!

annie says:

Yummy menu! I need to buy another bread machine. Mine is no longer working. I miss it!

Sharon says:

Yum! Are your fajitas beef, chicken, veggie? I haven’t had those in a while & they sound good. :)
    Thanks again for hosting. Have a great week!
    oh! And I love the new banner. Thanks!

Thanks, Laura, for hosting this great weekly feature! Menu planning is such a tremendous idea all of the time, and a life saver for busy weeks (such as I’ve had and will have for at least one more week). Thanks for your hard work!

Vickie says:

Hey Laura,
    My is short and sweet this week. I am going to have to try and make that Lemon chicken. Just the name causes my taste buds to activate! LOL! Have a blessed week!
    Vickie@PursuingSimplicity

Devildogwife says:

I love fajitas. Maybe I’ll turn my beef strips and onions into fajitas. hmmm…

The slow cooker pot roast looks delicious – we’ll definitely give it a try! Thanks for hosting – have a great week!

Charity says:

Great job on the grocery bill!

Candi says:

Sounds like another yummy week!!

BoSox Mommy says:

That slow cooker lemon chicken sounds great!

Laura says:

Great site! I have done a menu plan off and on for a while but have never been consistant until I found your site :o) Thanks so much!

Jena says:

Hi Laura,
    I think menu planning does save money, but I’ve never sat down and figured it out. By the way, I can’t wait for the organizing round-up to start! I’m already gearing up for it. Attack, attack, attack!!

Jenifer says:

I really hope someone buys my slow cooker off of my registry so that I can make that recipe! I’m putting it in my crockpot to cook file.

Jennifer says:

This is fun! I am all about making a menu and planning accordingly with coupons!

Mrs. Wilson says:

My word! So many people are WAY quicker than me at that MPM thing … I’ve got to get on it!

I’m goin to try post it by midnight, haha.

Laura says:

Sharon, we always do beef fajitas, they are my favorite!

Dilled pot roast sounds GOOD! Have a wonderful week.

Proverbs31 says:

I L.O.V.E. the new banner!! It’s bright and fun and beautiful and catchy! Fantastic!

Glad to hear your grocery bill is going down, seems I’ve been spending your extra for you! Whereas our bill USED to be around 100$/week, the older Little Prince gets and the more fresh fruits and veggies and whole grain items and other healthy things I try to fit into the budget, the more my bill goes up! I’m spending almost 150/week now!! Well, actually, that includes diapers and everything, so in that sense it’s not THAT bad.. but STILL! Ouch!

the new banner is fabulous! i’ll have to use it next week!

i can’t believe how many people have already posted their menus tonight. it used to be that i’d be in the first 15 or so if i posted on sunday before going to bed! tonight i’m 63th! :)

Beckie says:

I found some great recipes this week, thanks so much for sharing!

Jasmine31 says:

Hope I can stick to plan this week!

Becky says:

The new banner looks great. It is nice to be able to change them every week. Thanks for posting that.

As to the grocery bill, we are doing much better at 9 months into retirement. We use a list and the credit card for our initial shopping on the weekend. Then if we “need” anything for the week, it’s CASH. That sure cut down on the impulse buying!

Have a good week!

mjpuzzlemom says:

The Dill Pot Roast looks great! Thanks for sharing and for hosting! Have a Great Week!

MJ

Heather B says:

Some good slow cooker stuff going on. We are doing pretty good with lowering our food bill. It takes work!

Lisa D. says:

Great Job on the grocery bill!

I love the new banner. I will add it next week!

Thanks for hosting.

Lisa

Laura, I love the new banner!!!

And our budget for groceries every month is R1200 ($171). Yep, that’s for the MONTH! Wanna move to South Africa? We are soooo blessed here – we do live like kings – food is good and cheap!!!

Oh and I’m with you on the marketing schpiel (I get totally suckered on those things). Only difference is…I’m the one in the cleaning products aisle, not the hair products aisle :)

Have a nice week!

New menu, new banner, new kitten….take a look!

kylydia says:

I finally got my boyfriend to go along with the menu planning. yay!

Love the new header! I’ll use it next week. Looks like a tasty week for you. TM

Stephanie says:

My husband is enjoying the menu planning as much as I am becuase I am more relaxed! Cooking is more fun this way, and I am finding it easier to bring my 4-yr-olds into the kitchen with me. THAT is the best part (although dinner is always late when they “help”).

Cyndi says:

I am really trying to lower our grocery costs, too. THis week I”m focusing on what’s ALREADY in the freezer and in the pantry. What a novel idea, LOL. Great menu plan, as always and thanks so much for hosting us! Have a wonderful week!

Hi,

Posted a dinner menu for the week with hamburger and pork for main dishes. Thanks.

Char says:

I was on a similar mission this week and was happy when I did my grocery shopping for the week for $58 (for a family of 5).

Please post the slow cooker lemon chicken recipe. I think my family would love it.

Annie says:

Great job on cutting costs. I always try to keep my grocery budget as low as possible but with the rising costs of some of the foods here it is getting more difficult.

Margaret says:

I love this site! It is fun to see what others are doing and I always get great ideas here!

Jennifer says:

Thanks so much for hosting every week! Looks like a tasty week at your house this week. :)

Mom Chatter says:

Mmmm… I might be giving your Dilled Pot Roast a try this week instead of the Oriental Style Pot Roast I was thinking of trying. HMMM… decisions, decisions! Great menu this week… and we, too, are trying to lower our grocery bill. WAY TO GO on lowering yours this week!! :)

Stephanie says:

Hey Laura,
    The slow cooker lemon chicken and potatoes sounds great- want to post the recipe? :)
    Thanks for hosting!

lindanuts says:

I think I finally got it right. Really appreciate your time and patience. Love the site and the chance to explore what goes on in others homes! Keep cooking!

Lora says:

This is my first time to participate, but I’ve been enjoying checking out the menus up till now. Thanks for hosting this!

I’ve just linked my 3rd week at attempting a meal plan for each night. I just love all the recipe links…good ideas!!!

K says:

I’m new, and looking forward to reading other peoples menus and getting ideas for next week!

La Rêveuse says:

Help! What do I do with a jar of Ginger Tomato Preserves?

(I didn’t buy it…)

Missy says:

Just found you. So excited to meet other menu planners! Thanks!

JennyV says:

WOW – I can’t believe how many people plan menus!!! I never knew I was a minority until today! HA!

Kiy says:

Okay, finally have my (very easy) menu up for this week. Thanks for hosting!

Kiy

Little Mommy says:

I menu plan as well but I do mine from Sunday to Saturday since Sunday is my grocery day. Would you mind if I join you Monday’s with my menu even if it is being posted on Sunday?

Annette says:

I’m new and just signed up. Can’t wait to read more of your blog!

Little Mommy says:

I am so glad to have found this. It helps make my week a little better and takes away some of that evening stress.

Allie says:

This is my first Menu Plan Monday. I signed up to keep myself on track. Would you believe I’ve already eaten out! Not to worry, I can shift the meals one day over.

Lisa T. says:

This is such a huge help to me. And it is such a great way to find new recipes! Thanks!

mamasutra says:

We’re in the midst of a cold snap, so I’ll most likely be making the most of what’s in the pantry and the deep freeze. It’s about time I did that! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!

Donna says:

Found your site through Raising Five blog. Love it!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] you don’t like what I’m having, head over to Laura’s for more Menu Plan Monday!  Have a great [...]

2. [...] What’s on your menu this week?  For more great menus, check out I’m an Organizing Junkie!  [...]

3. [...] over to Orgjunkie for more menus! Related posts |How I planned this week’s menu |Trying a new [...]

4. [...] This week it’s dinner’s only.  You can find other meal planners here. [...]

5. [...] For more menu planning inspiration, check out Org Junkie. [...]

6. [...] // Skip to content HomeAbout MeMenu Plan MondayLinksGetting Organized « Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 28th [...]

7. [...] out Menu Plan Monday for more menus and recipes. Have a great [...]

8. ~* Menu Plan Monday *~…

SundayBeef, bean cheese burritosfruit MondayCorned beef and cabbagered potatoes TuesdayCorned beef hashfruitgreen beans WednesdayChicken Fried Chicken w/ gravyMashed potatoesgreen salad ThursdayHungarian goulashnoodlesgreen beans FridayCheesy chicken e…

9. [...] Okay so this is my first time participating in Organizing Junkies Menu plan Monday. [...]

10. [...] on your menu this week? Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie is the ring leader for this fabulous weekly routine and she always has great recipes herself, plus [...]

11. [...] See other Menu Plan Monday menu ideas at I’m an Organizing Junkie.  [...]

12. [...] on your menu this week? Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie is the ring leader for this fabulous weekly routine and she always has great recipes herself, plus [...]

13. [...] Okay so this is my second time participating in Organizing Junkies Menu plan Monday. [...]

14. [...] over to Laura’s Blog for Menu Plan Monday and join in the [...]