Boomama’s Christmas Tour of Homes
Menu Plan Monday is here.
So glad you dropped by, come on in and make yourself at home while I tour you around my living room. The living room is the only room in the house we decorate because
I’m lazy like that I like to keep things simple. This year we have some special guests coming for Christmas (my parents) and so my husband decided that only a real tree would do. He really doesn’t like the artificial one we put up when the snow is too deep to go looking for a real one. This year we beat the snow and got us a mighty fine tree. Take a look:
And last year I was inspired by Barb to make this little star ornament guy. Barb made it look so easy and she made a gazillion of them. I was really thinking I would too. Ummm, yeah no, this little guy took me about two weeks to do and I was too pooped after that to make him any little friends. Poor guy.
Next up is one of my favorite Christmas decorations. This snowman I purchased at a craft’s fair many years ago. He greets everyone as they come in the door and is very friendly!
A closer look at my banister all decorated in pine cones and holly.
Sitting next to my Christmas tree is an angel my mother in law made for me. Isn’t she sweet. I love homemade gifts! The snowflake headband is my own dorky touch. I couldn’t resist.
This year we are continuing with the Jesse Tree tradition. I use willow branches in a vase filled with glass beads for our tree.
Last year I attempted to make cookies for all of you who so kindly visited and I ended up burning them. This year I practiced and excitingly enough made some VERY delicious Minty Holiday Candy Cookies to share with you. They are actually a “gifts in a jar” recipe and the recipe is below just for YOU!
Minty Holiday Candy Cookie Mix
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup holiday-colored candy-coated chocolate pieces
1/3 cup chopped peppermint candy
1. Layer ingredients in 1-quart food storage jar with tight-fitting lid in the following order: granulated sugar, brown sugar, combined flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; chocolate pieces; and peppermint candy.
2. Sear jar. Cover lid with fabric circle, if desired. Attach gift tag and fabric to jar with raffia or ribbon.
1 jar Minty Holiday Candy Cookie Mix
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Place contents of jar in large mixing bowl. Using fingers, work butter into flour mixture. Combine eggs and vanilla in small bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until dough forms.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place balls 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Slide parchment paper and cookies onto wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks to Boomama for hosting.