Menu Plan Monday – June 11th

Happy Monday everyone! I’m hoping my week goes a little better than my weekend. It was the baby’s turn to have the flu. My word I had no idea such large quantities of puke could come from such a tiny stomach. Nasty! Sorry that probably wasn’t appropriate for a post discussing food :)

Some good news….I purchased the new Taste of Home softcover cookbook. The Great American Cookout is full of grilling recipes, salads and even some desserts. It looks fantastic!
Previous week recipe highlight: We made the Chicago-Style Pan Pizza on Friday and it was sooo good and a nice change from regular pizza. I am highly recommending this one!

So I’m making my grocery list up for this week not having any idea of whether or not I’m going to be able to purchase all the groceries we will need. Due to flooding and a mudslide the highways into town were closed down all last week so this could be interesting. I may be having to do some last minute changes but for now this is what I’m aiming for:

Monday: Kid-Pleasing Spaghetti

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Sweet Aromatic Chicken – love this one

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Tangy and Tender Ribs

Thursday: Fridge clean out day!

Friday: Penne a la Vodka Sauce (a recipe I got from All Day Night)

WHY NOT JOIN IN AND SHARE WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK!
*Important – Please link to your individual MPM post instead of your home page. Here is how you link to an individual post if you’ve never done it before: right click on the time at the bottom of the post you want to link to, click “copy shortcut” and then paste it into Mr. Linky. Welcome to all new participants. Please let us know you are new to MPM (so we can be sure to visit and welcome you) by putting “I’m new” or “First one” in brackets after your name in Mr. Linky.

Comments

39 Responses to Menu Plan Monday – June 11th

Stacy (Aussie in America) says

Sounds good! I hope you can get to the store :)
    Stacy

An Ordinary Mom says

Mudslides, flooding and a baby with the flu. You definitely did not have a good week. I hope this one goes MUCH better.

And tomorrow, I will finally post the things I love about me :) !!

Jessica says

mmm, those slow-cooker recipes look tempting.

Gretchen says

I hope your little one gets to feeling better and that you stay well, too! I’ll have to try the kid-friendly spaghetti. Sounds like a new twist to an old fave.

Blessings!

mjpuzzlemom says

The sweet aromatic chicken has become a favorite here. Thanks for sharing it!

I hope you have a better week.

MJ

Sheryl says

Sure hope the baby is feeling better!
    Your menu looks great. Hopefully the roads are cleared and the stores are stocked!
    I just got the Great American Cookout and TOH’s Prize Winning Recipes 2007….which I love!
    Have a wonderful week!

Proverbs31 says

Sorry to hear about the little one… Hope the baby feels better soon!!

Deborah says

Mmm… vodka… and penne of course… yes of course! ;-) Sounds wonderful – makes me ALMOST want to buy a slow cooker!

Melissa R. Garrett says

Tangy and tender ribs . . . I’m in love!

Multi-tasking Mommy says

Anything with “kid pleasing” in the title is a must try for me :)

palmtreefanatic says

sounds lilke a great menu ahead! have a wonderful week!

devildogwife says

Everything looks good. Hope you can make it to the store to get what you need for the week.

Christi says

Thanks, Laura!

The slow-cooker aromatic chicken sounds great – gonna have to try that one!

Candi says

Sounds Yummy!!

Mommy, the Human Napkin says

Yum… I’m going to have to try your recipes, especially that chicken!

This is my first week to participate, so there’s probably WAY more information in my post than you really want to know. I tend to go overboard sometimes!

Mama Russell says

So sorry about the sick baby. No fun!! Hope everyone is feeling better now. I am so glad to be back for MPM.

In His Grace,
    Mama Russell

Margaret says

I hope that everyone stays well at your house this week!

My kids love penne with vodka sauce. I’ll have to make that for them next week! Yum.

Ghost says

I am going to have to try that Chicken recipe. Just reading about it makes my mouth water.

Mrs.T says

Hope everyone is feeling better now!

I would check out that Great American Cookout book, but I have every issue of Taste of Home way back to its beginning, so suppose I already have access to all of those recipes.

That sweet aromatic chicken sounds interesting. I will check it out… always looking for new slow cooker recipes!

Oooo, totally gonna have to try that chicken recipe! And I noticed the recipe for the Chicago-Style Pan Pizza last week too. That’s going to be appearing on my list very soon!

Thanks for hosting this!

Heather says

I’m sorry your little one was sick, I hope everyone is on the mend and that no one was hurt in the mudslides. Feel free to send any extra rain our way, we’re in the middle of a drought.

Renee's Ramblings says

Your menu sounds wonderful! Have a great week.

When I saw your sweet aromatic chicken recipe, I decided to make it tonight!

Gwen says

I am up. Sorry it is late. :) I was reading and blogging and about a dozen other things this weekend. I just finished my grocery list and menus.

Once Upon a Dream... says

Hey Laura! How are you doing? It’s been a few weeks since I participated, but I’m attempting to get back into blog world. I know what you mean about those bloglines. Mental clutter all the way. lol You menu sounds great for this week.

Hugs,
    Eden

Michelle says

Haven’t participated for the last 2 weeks. Time to get back on track…and back on WW. Anyone up for the challenge??
    Have a good week Ladies!

~Jennifer says

I’m sure you’ve probably answered this question somewhere, but on your menu plan, what do you do on weekends? When I’m being good and organized I plan a menu, and I’m trying to get back to that. I usually include one FFY (fend for yourself)day. Do you go out on weekends? Just curious. Planning meals for 5 days seems easier than 7, probably because I start to run out of fresh ideas around day 4. :-)

Mrs. L says

Laura,
    I’m glad you got a copy of the TOH Great American Cookout too. Did my review help? :) I’m hoping they will come out with a new crockpot one. Have a great week!

Susan says

Running late this morning!

MamaJen says

That vodka sauce recipe sounds wonderful! Have a great week!

sara - The Estrogen Files says

Sorry about the sick baby and the mudslides. Hope this week is better!

Leni says

Sorry I’m late, been planning the Pie Edition!

runningtothecross says

I was doing really well this morning, planned and posted my menu, I even included a recipe for Sesame Broccoli Stir-Fry, and then I forgot to come here to sign up!!! ROFLOL!!!

So here I am, a little late in the day, but now it is done!!!

Have a great day!!!
    Heather

Jamie says

I’m new at this..Hope I can stick with it, and it helps us from wasting so much food.

Just Jenny says

I love to grill. I hope you will post lots of good recipes. Those crockpot recipes look really good too.

Sandra says

Wonderful menu as always Laura :)

Sorry it took me so long to comment today, I JUST now got done visiting all the blogs on here LOL Good grief there’s a lot :)

Have a great day and thank you for the great idea on the meals during my move…I knew you would be able to help :)

Hugs,

?Sandra

Angela says

Sounds kind of crazy around there! There is nothing worse than a little one with the flu, well, except mamma, because mamma is still on duty even while sick!

Your menu sounds great. I hope your week goes much more smoothly for you. You could use a break!

Jennifer says

Hope your week calms down!

I’m trying the foil pack taco chicken dinner this week…can’t wait! I love browsing MPM posts for new ideas!

~Jennifer says

Thanks for popping over to my blog to answer my question about your menu, Laura! That makes sense. I rarely end up sticking to a menu completely because stuff comes up.

Comments