Tackle it Tuesday – Organizing my son’s bedroom

Well I’m not sure if this is cheating or not but my Tackle It Tuesday project has sort of been ongoing for the last couple of days. It was a biggie. My son’s bedroom was a disaster area and was in bad need of some “tackling”. The first thing we did was buy him a new bookcase (I know, I know, not the one I wanted for me but enough to give me a fix..lol) which is why you see it in the before picture empty….we just got it on the weekend. All that crap stuff on the floor is his Megabloks Pirates collection. He is obsessed with it. It drives me insane…so many pieces!

Here are the before pictures:

Now for the after pictures:

Since he plays with his pirate stuff all the time I didn’t have the heart to make him put it all away but he did have to at least make a path…lol. You’ll also notice that we took away the long horizontal bookcase as it was taking up way too much space. I think the tall one works much better. So now I have a spare bookcase that I need to find a home for in my house somewhere…although I think it would be perfectly suited for my friend Jenny’s cool little cubby space! To see more projects that others are “tackling” today head on over to 5 minutes for mom or even better yet “tackle” your own project and link it up at their site!

Have a happy day everyone!

Filed under: Before and After, Kid Stuff, Organizing

Comments

15 Responses to Tackle it Tuesday – Organizing my son’s bedroom

The Lazy Organizer says

Wow that looks wonderful! Organizing is a great high isn’t it? I love your blog design. When did you have it done? I’m working on a new design for mine too. I can’t wait till it’s finished.

I’m glad you found me. I’m always happy to meet people who are as addicted to organizing as I am! We’ll have to keep in touch.

~Velda says

way to go Laura~ that’s quite the accomplishment! Bravo

Jennelle says

What a difference … you did a good job! :)

Have a wonderful day!

Love,

Jennelle

Julie Julie Bo Boolie says

That looks AWESOME! Any ideas on what to do with the new Groovy Girls collection Sarah just inherited??? AWCK!

Hugs

Julie

Susanne says

Looks great!

Barbara H. says

Loks really good. Now if only kids’ rooms stayed that way, LOL! I try to encourage the “keep on top of it” idea, but we’re still working on it. :)

Judi says

Whew! That wore me out just looking at your before and after photos! You did a great job. How long do you think it will stay that way? :)

mom of 2 says

That looks great!! I love getting the kids rooms organized…too bad it doesn’t stay that way for long! lol

org junkie says

Oh it will probably stay that way for 3 days tops but as long as he keeps that path I won’t ride him too hard about it…lol!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) says

Great work girl! That looks awesome :)

My son has the playmobile knights – and those little pieces drive me nuts!

Beck says

Your boy’s room is cute – very boyly, as my son says. It inspires me to go clean out my kids’ room, too.

Courtney says

Oh wow, that looks wonderful! I need to tackle my son’s room too. I have tackled it many times, but it never stays that way.

I just joined in on “Tackle it Tuesday” this week and I definitely have plenty to tackle both at home and at work! lol

Krissy says

Good for you!! I’m also happy to see my son (age almost 7) is not the only one who still likes stuffed animals on his bed. ;) We’re thinking of removing the toy box from his room and making a “building” table to house his kinex and future erector set. Anything to get the stuff off the floor!

Jennifer Sprague, All Natural Mommies says

WOW – thats amazing I almost did not think it was even the same room!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Erna says

It looks nice and spacious now. Excellent tackle!

Comments