Pizza Dough Recipes for the Bread Machine

A few of you were asking about the pizza dough recipe I use in my bread machine. Here is the one from my bread machine book that we’ve been enjoying the last couple of weeks.

Pizza Dough (2 lb)

1 1/3 cups water (80 to 90 degrees F)

1 teaspoons honey or sugar

2 teaspoons sea salt

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

3 1/4 cups bread flour

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

2 1/4 teaspoons yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine

Please ingredients, in order listed, in bread pan fitted with kneading paddle. Place in bread machine. Select Dough/Pizza Dough. Select dough size. Press Start to mix, knead and rise. When Dough Cycle is completed, deflate dough and use to make your favorite pizza.  We actually get two pizzas out of one batch.

pizza

We’ve also used this recipe for Pizza with Wheat Crust in the bread machine and really enjoyed it.

Many years ago my husband use to make a pizza dough in the bread machine using beer and it was so good. I’ve found a similar recipe here that we will try next.

Anyone else have some great pizza dough recipes for the bread machine you’d like to share?

Related post:

Homemade pizza in less than 30 minutes

Filed under: Recipes

Comments

78 Responses to Pizza Dough Recipes for the Bread Machine

Proverbs31 says

Oh, I’m so glad you posted this! Thank you!!

Amy says

I have a ton of recipes too. I’ll find my favorite and post it later. It uses cornmeal.
    But I have a ? – I need a new machine. What machine do you have and do you love it/recommend it? Thanks!

I just recently bought a new machine made by Cuisinart. We chose that particular one as it has a gluten free cycle for my son. I’m really pleased with it so far.

Laura

Kerry says

Thanks for posting this! I’m going to give it a try for this Friday’s “Pizza Night”.

AnneMarieZ says

I use one similar but use garlic salt and other spices :) yummy

Jennifer says

A bread machine!! Must have a bread machine!

Actually I’ve made pizza dough once without a machine and it turned out pretty well. My girls loved helping me make the pizza. I must do this again soon. But it sure would be easier with a bread machine!

Veteran Military Wif says

How do you keep the baking pizza from rising so HIGH! When I made pizza dough, roll it out, and get it in the oven, it looks like a huge loaf of bread baking..how do you keep it relatively flat?

Lin says

Try adding some Italian seasoning to your pizza dough! It’s delish!

Stephanie says

I mourned for weeks after my bread machine died. I don’t have room for one in my house now so I’ve gotten used to doing pizza dough by hand. It really doesn’t take that much time or effort. Though it is more than a bread machine.

Jenny says

Hi Laura- Yummy menu this week!! : )

Paige says

I am so excited I found your site. I am an organization junkie myself so I LOVE reading your ideas. Then I just read that your son is gluten free, as is mine. I am really looking forward to reading more. I have a question though. On pizza night, what do you do for your son? It looks like your pizza dough recipe is not gluten free. Do you make a separate pizza for him? Do you give him a frozen pizza? (This always seems to be the case at my house, so I was wondering what you do.) Thanks for any ideas!

AnnMarie MacKenzie says

I had to use an extra 3/4 cups of water.

It was great!!

Thank you!

childrens luggage says

I have read sso many articles or reviews on the topic off the
    blogger lovers except this pioece of writing is genuinely a pleasant
    post, keeep it up.

Kerstin says

It’s going to be ending of mine day, except before end I am reading this wonderful piece of writing
    to increase my knowledge.

little lamb swing says

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup?
    I’m assuming having a blg like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% positive.
    Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

antler luggage says

Howdy this is kinda of offf topic but I wwas wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG
    editors or if you havce to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted
    to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be
    enormously appreciated!