The following is a guest post from regular contributor, Melanie at Melanie Makes.
One of the things that I love to have on hand for a quick breakfast, especially amid the holiday chaos, are muffins. There’s something about a fresh from the oven muffin that is just hard to resist! Muffins are also my usual go-to for Thanksgiving and Christmas mornings where there is so many other things going on within the walls of our home and we’re likely entertaining house guests as well.
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins are not only delicious, but they’re super easy as well as they get a head start thanks to my homemade oatmeal muffin mix. With the ingredients of just three more ingredients, you’ll have these hearty muffins in the oven and at at your breakfast table in no time!
- 3 cups Homemade Muffin Mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners and using medium cookie scoop, fill each muffin cup with batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin center removes cleanly.
Looking for additional recipes to add to your menu plan? Here are a few new favorites:
See you next month!
You can find Melanie online at Melanie Makes where she documents cooking, creating and caring for her family. Repeat. Melanie lives in Cleveland, OH, with her husband, three children, two cats and Lizzie, the 15 year old turtle.