The following is a guest post from regular contributor, Melanie at Melanie Makes.
See, I’m perfectly fine that this is the way my brain is wired and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies are a perfect example of why. These are the lightest, fluffiest cookies you’ve ever put in your mouth! They’re rich without being over the top, thanks to the peanut butter and chocolate. They’re hearty and have a great chew thanks to the oatmeal and the banana lends moisture and flavor as well. Perfection!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oats
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together shortening, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in banana.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix until almost combined. Add oats and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicon baking mat.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cookies cool for two minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
I love that these cookies are so quick to create with items you likely keep stocked in your pantry. Let the electric mixer do the work for you and in just minutes your kitchen will smell amazing and you’ll be enjoying a warm cookie direct from the oven.
Grab a glass of milk! These cookies won’t last long!
Looking for additional recipes to add to your menu plan? Here are a few new favorites:
See you next month!