Updated to add: Giveaway now closed. Winners are #69 Rachel, #140 Becky and #106 Roan.
Hi all! It’s back to school week for us here and I don’t know who is more anxious about starting a new school, me or the kids 🙂 I can’t believe my baby is starting kindergarten, crazy! Hopefully the week will go well without too much turmoil or tears (from me!).
Okay so today is an exciting MPM because it’s also giveaway day. With school starting and getting back into routine I’m thrilled to tell you about a fantastic breakfast ebook, called Better Breakfasts: 110 Breakfast Recipes to get your day off to a better start!, written by Kate of Stolen Moments Cooking (she also offers an awesome menu planning service).
If you are looking for something different to serve your kiddos in the morning like I am, this ebook is for you. The recipes all seem simple, straightforward and quick to make and I love all the variety. Many can be made in advance and frozen so all you have to do is pop them into the microwave on a busy morning and be on your way. For instance this is one of the recipes I’ll be making this week.
Bacon & Cheese Muffins
• 2 c. flour
• 2 t. baking powder
• 1/4 t. salt
• 1/4 t. black pepper
• 1 1/4 c. milk
• 1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted and cooled
• 1 egg
• 1/2 lb. bacon, diced, cooked and degreased (I’ll probably just used pre-cooked)
• 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together the milk, melted butter or margarine and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
2. Fold in the bacon and cheese just until combined. Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Yum!
I’ve got THREE copies of this ebook to give away to three lucky Menu Plan Monday participants. Winners will be selected at random from the linky list below (no comment required). Link up your weekly menu as usual prior to Thursday, September 2rd at 4:00 pm PST to be eligible. I’ll update this post with the winner shortly after that. Thanks and good luck!
Kate has also discounted her ebook for one week only (till next Sunday at midnight) from $7.95 to $5.95 which is a great price! Click here to buy now.
Here’s what we’ll be eating:
Monday: Hubby’s cooking stirfry
Tuesday: Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Wednesday: Plum Good Pork Chops (you’ll need to sign in for this recipe)
Thursday: Leftover buffet
Friday: One-Pot Spaghetti
Saturday: Black Bean Fajitas
Simple Supper Sunday
WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?
Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.
PS: Thanks for all the homemade bread links last week, I can’t wait to try them!!