Top Dollar Store Organizing Products

Organizing Products from the Dollar Store for all your organizing needs!

As many of you know I love buying organizing products at the dollar store to use around my house to contain my things.  I have always said and I’ll say it again…organizing does not have to be expensive AT ALL….not when you have a dollar store nearby as I’m going to show you via a lovely photo walk (maybe next time I’ll bring my video camera!).  Now keep in mind that I live in Canada, so for the purposes of this demonstration I took all these pictures at my local Dollarama in the small northern town I live in. I realize you don’t have Dollaramas in the US BUT I watch enough Youtube videos to know that you have some pretty awesome Dollar Trees down your way with very similar products. I do hope you have one near you and I’m terribly sorry if you don’t, please don’t hold it against me. We only got our Dollarama here about two years ago and I am really enjoying it I must say. In addition to organizing products I also love it for filling my college daughter’s care packages each month. Such fun for me but that’s a post for another day.

So settle in for a ridiculously long post, enjoy the photos and my witty commentary (ha!) and think about all the organizing possibilities in your future, whoot! You can thank me later :)

So let’s get to it and we’ll start by staring at the shining rainbow of bins…bins upon bins upon bins. Cue the Hallelujah chorus!

dollar store baskets

So many sizes and colors to choose from. It just keeps going.

dollar store baskets 1

They aren’t super fancy but they are functional and if you want to get organized on a budget, this is the place for you!

dollar store baskets 3

Want to stack? Use bins with lids..

dollar store baskets 2

Happy bins, oh my. So cute! I think these would be adorable for kid’s toys.

dollar store baskets 4

dollar store bins

Next up are these cube wire organizers that you connect together to create cube storage.

cube wire organizer

Perfect for toys especially when you add these square fabric bins.

storage organizer

Speaking of fabric bins, these smaller ones are some of my favorites because they are perfect for books. For a $1.25!

small storage organizer

And these ones are new but I like what I see!

storage basket

These fabric storage bags with lids are perfect for underbed storage for out of season clothes.

fabric storage bag

Now let’s take a look at all the hooks. Hooks and hooks for days. Make sure you are taking advantage of storage space behind your doors using either Command hooks or over the door hooks.

over door hooks

Love that you can now find Command hooks at the dollar store.

command hooks 1

And these Command clips are so cute.

command hooks

In the hardware section you can find divided compartment containers in all the sizes. These are typically used for nails and screws and boring things like that but seriously these come in handy for so much more. Check out this video for ideas.

divided organizers

These wire shelves are a must in kitchen cabinets to double your space. If you do not use these, I highly recommend them! Check out mine HERE.

kitchen shelf

In the toiletries section you will find these awesome acrylic containers for organizing makeup in your drawers. See mine in action HERE.

organizers

Moving into my favorite section, the stationery department!!

stationery

File folders galore!

file folders 1

I purchased this pack of 12 file jackets below for organizing my receipts, one for each month.

file jackets

file folders

Planners!

planners

planners 1

Chalkboard labels for labeling all your bins and baskets.

chalkboard labels

These repositionable hooks are pretty sweet too!

accent hooks

As are these repositionable pouches for small notes and paper. You can move them around and they don’t wreck your walls. I do hope these come out in a bigger size to accommodate 8.5×11″ size paper. That would make me so happy!

organizing pouch

Finally these new Command caddies are nice for containing different things like pens/pencils/post it note pads but also inside cabinet doors for say things like sponges in your kitchen.  They come with the Command strips.

caddy

Now that I’ve got you all excited about running out to buy some new organizing containers, first be sure to read this post on 6 Containerizing Rules to Consider Before You Buy!

Six Containerizing Rules to Consider Before You Buy

I hoped you enjoyed this dollar store tour today, check one out one near you today for all your organizing needs!

Have fun friends!! :)

Filed under: Clutter Control, Containerizing

Comments

14 Responses to Top Dollar Store Organizing Products

Tara says

Oh my goodness I wish pound stores in the UK had such an array of organising items. I’m a touch jealous ???? xx

Jessica [Havok] says

Saw those smiley face bins up at the top and was all “man, I gotta make a stop at the dollar store this weekend!”…and then read that this is not, in fact, the Dollar Tree xD Those smiley faces though – they remind me of LEGO men!
    Though, really, that would be easy enough to DIY onto a cardboard box (or plastic, even!) bought from, oh, you know, the Dollar Tree, ha!
    I’ve bought plenty of kitchen utensils from the dollar store, and have absolutely no problems with them – yes, they’re cheap, but plastic is cheap…which leads to containers, and containers are plastic, therefore cheap. Why spend so much money on something you’re using to store stuff?! :D

Seana Turner says

Very nice choices… you have a great Dollar store! Mine is tiny… not as many great choices. This really can be a great option, though. You don’t need to spend a fortune!

Jill Dreyer says

I agree Seana! Our store does not offer many of those baskets. One in particular, comes in cream and aqua, are sold at Target for $5.99. Wish they sold at our store. Ugh.

Candace Towner says

This is a great post for those that are on a budget and trying to get things organized. We are trying to downsize and simplify, without buying more stuff. A couple of trips to Goodwill and you figure out that organizing sometimes means just getting rid of it instead of buying more stuff to store it until you move yet again. I wish I had a way to organize my office area though, without having to go get more items, that I know will eventually end up at Goodwill, UGH!! ;)

Jean says

Kids toys? No, I think I need those smiley face bins for myself. Looks like I could get in lots of trouble in your Dollarama stores. I also like to pick up picture frames and document frames at our local Dollar Tree.

Patty says

I use the wire cube organizers for my yarn, have a whole wall of them (yes, I have that much yarn!). Use different types and sizes of bins for so many other things.

Karen says

Can’t find a Dollar Store close to LA. Only the 99 Cent Store and it doesn’t compare.

Marcia at Organising Queen says

The stationery aisle is my favourite too, so maybe it’s a good thing we don’t have stores like this….

We have a crazy store but it’s nowhere as fabulous as your pics. Most of our stores don’t allow photos inside (crime!) otherwise I’d do a similar one for you from South Africa. I was actually taking a pic of a time-out the other day and the security guard stepped over and reprimanded me :(

Laura Wittmann says

Oh wow that’s crazy Marcia, I’ve never had a problem taking photos in stores although taking video might be awkward. We’ll have to see how it goes.

Emily says

I’m SO JEALOUS that your dollar store has those wire cube storage things! I needed a bunch of them to make my hedgehog home a few months ago, and they were impossible to find! I had to call around to dozens of stores and finally found them at Kmart of all places. UGH!

Crystal Barton says

Yes! I agree, organizing doesn’t have to be expensive at all. Looking at all your photos got me to thinking of all the possibilities. Thanks for sharing what you have in Canada.

Comments