The following is a guest post from regular contributor, Melanie at Melanie Makes.
Let’s not beat around the bush, shall we? I’m just going to come right out and say it. Friends, this is the most amazing banana bread. Ever. EVER. A bit ooey, a bit gooey, and absolutely bedazzled with chocolate chips and walnuts. I dare you to try and take a bite with out tasting one or the other.
Not one. Not two. Not three. FOUR bananas are packed into a single loaf of chocolate chip walnut banana bread. That’s what gives it it’s beyond high moisture content. This bread is rich and decadent. Just like any treat should be if you ask me! The fact that it has some bananas thrown in for good measure is just an added benefit. And because of said bananas, that means this is totally an appropriate breakfast food! Don’t you like how my mind works?
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes. If beginning to brown to quickly, loosely tent with foil.
- Turn oven off and leave bread in oven for additional 15 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool completely before removing from loaf pan to serve.
So pour yourself a tall glass of milk! Believe me, it’s definitely warranted with a slice of this amazing bread!
Looking for additional recipes to add to your menu plan? Here are a few new favorites:
See you next month!
You can find Melanie online at Melanie Makes where she documents cooking, creating and caring for her family. Repeat. Melanie lives in Cleveland, OH, with her husband, three children, two cats and Lizzie, the 15 year old turtle.
You may also like -