I mentioned earlier this week that I’m heading out to the Allume Conference next week in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Allume is a Christian blogging conference and many of my long time blogging buddies that I’ve made over the past 6.5 years will be there. However there is one thing I am super nervous about and I’m almost embarrassed to mention it for fear you’ll think I’m crazy. Oh wait, I am crazy! So apparently I’m worrying for nothing :)
For those that don’t carry the “allergic to chaos” gene this may be hard for you to understand. BUT truth be told chaos makes me nervous and overwhelmed and unable to think straight. There I said it. So why am I worried about chaos? Well besides the travel to get there which is always chaotic for me it seems, I will also be rooming with three other ladies in one teeny tiny room. Four ladies in one room screams chaos doesn’t it? As in stuff everywhere because hotel rooms are small with not a lot of space to put stuff, not because I think my roomies will be slobs. Hahaha…right about now they are probably dialing the Hilton begging for another room.
I get it, I’m weird, what can I say. However I’m sure it will all work itself out beautifully. I’m not really as neurotic as I seem, I promise!! I’m also not the neatest packer in the world as you’ll see which is a little odd for an organizing junkie I know. My suitcase will be a mess with my indecisiveness over what to wear. I always bring too much just to be on the “safe side” and then I’m still never happy with my choices. Sheesh I think I have more issues than I realized. But in good news my toiletry bag is nice and small and compact after I did a makeover on it a few years ago. Whew after the ridicule I took at the last blogging conference I attended about my enormous toiletry bag, I’ve thankfully got that one squared away now :)
So Brooke over at Surprised by Life is hosting a roundup of “10 Things My Roomie Should Know About Me” and I thought it would be fun to participate.
So here it goes:
- I don’t drink coffee but I definitely think I should. Because mornings for me are rough. I’m not a morning person and am just a teeny tiny bit grumpy in the am. Just a little bit. I do however love tea so I make sure to have one of those in the morning.
- Having said that, if I happen to know someone else in the room is not a morning person I take great delight in being annoyingly happy just to get a rise out of that person. It’s fun for me what can I say. I’ll eventually get a smile out of them if it’s the last thing I do!
- I’m a night owl and don’t go to bed too early. Plus I can’t fall asleep without reading which is a problem for those that can’t fall asleep with a light on. Maybe I’ll bring my flashlight to read under the covers. I’m nice like that :)
- I’m a silence filler. In awkward moments of silence I can’t keep my mouth shut. I feel I must fill the silence with my jabbering nonsense because that’s the way I roll. Sorry!
- I love to laugh and laugh and laugh and I love to make other people laugh too….usually at my own expense though. I’ve been known to do some crazy things to get a laugh and if it means I have to start doing a little Gangnam Style dancing well then that’s what I’ll do. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- Crowds and noise make me antsy. I can only handle it for so long before I have to find a nice quiet spot to collect my thoughts.
- I have hair issues which means it takes me awhile to get ready in the morning. I hope I don’t wake you with my blow drying.
- I can’t sit still for long or I fall asleep. I kid you not. If I’m sitting in a session I can get very sleepy regardless of how entertaining the speaker may be. I will twitch a lot and doodle hearts on a paper that I then color in precisely to keep my mind alert. And if that doesn’t work, please please give me a poke or two to wake me up!
- I’m from Canada which means you might expect to hear “eh” come out of my mouth often. I really don’t think I say it that much though but you never know eh?
- I love to shop! If someone at any time says the words “hey who wants to go hang out in Target for a couple of hours?”, I will so be there. We don’t have Target stores in Canada (next year!) so there would be no holding me back. Target has a lot of great organizing stuff that I would love to go drool all over. It’s a sickness what can I say.
So there you have it. My roomies are either wondering right at this moment what in heavens they’ve gotten themselves into or maybe just maybe are excited about the possibilities of hanging out with a crazy lady that will not rest until she can make you giggle :)
You may also like -