I finally have another video up. I kept putting it off because I use a Flip camera (and the Flipshare software that comes with it for editing) and unfortunately this software is no longer compatible with youtube which makes it difficult to edit and upload videos now. I figured out a bit of a work around using Windows Movie Maker but it takes forever to upload and the video is grainy (the original is not like that). If anyone has any tips for me on which editing software and uploading tools to use please please let me know. I have an iPhone and a digital camera with video which are probably better options but what software to use? It needs to be super user friendly because I can never figure these things out and then I get spazzy which is really not pretty at all :)
Anyway today I’m talking about how we need to evolve our systems for everything we buy and bring into the house. If you just try to shove something new into an existing system you’ll quickly see it doesn’t always work. That’s when we can get into clutter trouble.
Video highlights (and I say that loosely!):
- clutter is anything we don’t love or use OR have the room to store
- our systems needs to evolve with each thing that comes into our homes (or when we have life changes in general)
- evolving systems and bins are a good thing – don’t be afraid of change (I actually didn’t say that in the video but I totally should have..ha!)
- you’d be amazed at what you can do in a short amount of time – give it a try in a quick 5 or 10 minutes
- Remember to ask yourself: do I have the space to store this, can I find the space to store this, will I find the space to store this and do I have the time or energy to do it???
That’s about it…and all under 6 minutes and 18 seconds! Whoot, aren’t you so proud of me!
Again I apologize for the quality. Hopefully that will not happen next time!
Which one area is bugging you the most in your home right now? What item(s) do you need to find a home for?
If you are having trouble seeing the video, you can find it here.