Ahhh back to school. I’ve got to admit that I get a little tingly each time I head into my local Walmart and Staples stores and see all the new and fresh back to school supplies. I lovingly touch each and every one imagining in my head how I’d put each one to good use. They literally call out to me you know. “Check me out, check me out, check me out”, they say as they compete for my attention. I could spend hours in those aisles just “browsing”. However my rambunctious 6 year old has different ideas. He can’t get out of there fast enough and as he runs circles around me I all of a sudden remember what back to school really means. Hustle and bustle and chaos in between. Homework, lunches, early bedtimes, after school activities, oh my. Gosh is it almost here that soon? Where does the time go? How many of you can relate?
Thankfully there is a saving grace and her name is Susan. You’ll remember Susan from earlier this summer when I blogged about her awesome Summer Survival Guide. Now she’s back to help us again, this time with a Back 2 School Survival Guide.
The transition from a carefree summer into a rigorous school schedule doesn’t happen easily or without struggle, but it can be easier on everyone if you are proactive and intentional in your preparations. This Back 2 School Survival Guide provides proven tips, tools, and step-by-step instructions to help you and your child be as prepared as possible—and create a more organized home in the process.
Whether your kids go to a public or private school or you homeschool, The Confident Mom Back 2 School Survival Guide will help you:
- Put your child’s back-to-school anxieties to rest.
- Help your child thrive in school and at home by setting up easy-to-follow routines.
- Make packing lunches a snap and learn to send lunches that are more likely to be consumed instead of left uneaten.
- Stay on top of activities for the entire family.
- Teach your children how to set goals and celebrate their successes.
- Discover new ways to have fun together as a family.
- Put homework hassles to rest.
- Learn that letting your child fail can ultimately lead to their success.
- Become a savvy back-to-school shopper.
- Get involved in your child’s classroom through volunteerism.
- Prepare for the “big K” (Kindergarten).
- Provide guidance to help your child deal with bullies.
- Help your child develop a healthy attitude towards school, teachers, and classmates (including classmates with disabilities).
- Keep your children safe while using the Internet.
- And much more!
Here’s what is included:
- Back 2 School Survival Guide eBook. Chock full of tips, ideas, and suggestions that help families get organized and prepared for back to school covering everything (and much more) from establishing routines, packing lunches, completing homework, and purchasing school supplies to dealing with bullies, volunteering in the classroom, maintaining multiple schedules, and teaching responsibility.
- Student Planner. A weekly planner for students to keep track of tests, homework assignments, track daily reading, household or pet chores, birthdays, sports schedules, family fun, and anything else of importance.
- Master Family Planner. Keep track of schedules for everyone in your family by compiling each person’s schedule onto one master calendar that is posted in a central location for easy reference by everyone.
- Sample/Customizable Routines. Routines are the backbone of each day. Younger children may need help remembering what they need to do each day. Laminate or frame our sample morning, afternoon, and evening/bedtime routines so younger children can learn to follow it on their own. Or customize your own if the sample doesn’t fit your household.
- School Information Sheet. Keep track of important school and teacher information and class schedules for unexpected emergencies and other times you might need to contact the school or locate your child during the day.
- Schedule Adjustment Worksheet. If you’re guilty of flying by the seat of your pants during summer, you may want to ease your kids back into a scheduled bedtime/wake-up routine before school starts.
- Countdown Maze. Generate excitement for your child’s return to school by counting down the remaining ten days with a fun maze game.
- My Favorites Worksheet. Tired of having the lunchbox returned half full? Get input from your child on what they’d like to have packed in their lunch and use that information to generate a menu for quick, easy planning and packing. This will also help ensure they are fueling their bodies and brains for optimum learning!
- Grocery Planner. This planner will help your trips to the grocery store be more productive and reduce unnecessary overspending.
- Family Fun Worksheet. A family that plays together, stays together! Ensure your family schedules time to have fun together and that each family member has input on what they’d like to do for fun.
- School Goals Worksheet. Children can begin to learn how to set goals to achieve certain results and track their progress.
- Classmate Contact Sheet. Parents can record phone numbers, addresses, and other important information about their child’s friends and classmates.
- Important Dates At-A-Glance. A sheet meant for quick referral of important school dates for planning ahead, such as holidays and scheduled breaks or parent/teacher conferences.
I’m not kidding when I say this ebook is packed solid PLUS it’s absolutely adorable. Look at all these cute cute cute printables included:
I can’t recommend this guide more highly. It’s available as an electronic pdf digital download for $14.00. I know it’s pricier for an ebook but the value is there I promise! For whatever reason if you really aren’t satisfied with your purchase, you have 30 days to receive a full refund, no questions asked. I don’t think you’re going to need it though, this guide is AWESOME!
Note: I am an affiliate of this guide (which means I get a small % of sales) but that’s because I love it and recommend it. I’m a picky girl, I don’t affiliate myself with just anyone :)