Order Out Of Chaos Student Academic Planner Giveaway (closed)
This giveaway is now closed. The winner is #72 Melissa!!
Trying to help teenagers manage their time is no easy feat that is for sure. As a mom to a 15 year old girl and an almost 13 year old son, I am fully aware how inadequate the planners they get at school can be. I’ve found them to be too small with not enough space to write all her assignments and they usually don’t include space for after school commitments which never made any sense to me. Without the after school space, how do kids gauge when they have time available for homework especially with most teens having so many additional activities outside of school.
Then one day I was cruising around youtube (procrastination anyone?) and stumbled across this video below from Professional Organizer, Leslie Josel. Leslie took matters into her own hands when she too became frustrated with school planners available for her son and created her own. They have become so popular that she now sells them to others. Watch this short video to see why I was so impressed and immediately sent Leslie an email after I watched it.
Here is part of that email to her:
Hi Leslie, I just watched your youtube video with regards to your academic planner. It is brilliant!!! Your planner makes so much sense and there is such a need for this. The agendas that kids get at school aren’t maintained because they are too much work and not visual enough.
Leslie sent me a copy of the planner to checkout and review with my daughter. Neither of us were disappointed.
Here are some of the highlights:
- A unique vertical index page at the beginning of the planner enables students to record their class subjects only once. Eliminates forgetfulness and frustration. (this is one of my favorite features!)
- Weekly planner pages line up with the index on a subject-by-subject basis, creating an easy and natural method for students to record and review their weekly schedules.
- Days of the week are listed horizontally across the planner, making recording of assignments and due dates simple and visual. This format creates continuity and allows students to quickly see assignments and due dates.
- Only academic planner on the market to include space to enter after-school activities and weekend commitments. These accurate visual cues of available time allow students to plan their weekly workload and, as a result, feel more in control of their schedules. (such a great idea!)
- The unique grid system quickly reveals both scheduled and available blocks of time, facilitating weekly time management and planning strategies.
- Five cover designs to choose from.
- Large format pages – the overall size of the planner is 8.5 x 11″ and the interior pages are 7 x 11″.
- Made of durable plastic covers and high quality paper stock
- The sturdy spiral binding lays flat when open
- Based on school calendar (August to August)
Price: $18.00 available for purchase on Leslie’s site here.
Leslie is giving away a copy of her academic planner to one lucky commenter. Simply leave a comment on this post, prior to Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 4:00 pm PST, telling me one of the areas you find most difficult about back to school. This giveaway is open to everyone and winner will be able to select their choice of cover design.