Thank you so much for all your support and feedback on my new app, Organize!, designed by Roaming Hill. I also thank you for your patience as there have been a few glitches which are being worked on and will be fixed in the first upgrade happening soon. Please bear with us as we get all the kinks worked out. All upgrades are free by the way which is awesome especially when the menu planning/shopping list features are introduced.
How To Best Use The Organize! App:
After downloading the app I would suggest starting out by clicking on the red All Tasks bucket and entering in your running list of things to do. This is your master list and of course will be different for everyone. Once you have your All Tasks list set up you’ll be able to go to the Top 3 Daily Tasks and 52 Weeks sections and simply “add” items from your just created All Tasks master list.
The reason the Top 3 list exists is because it can be overwhelming for people to have to look at such a long master list and not feel defeated by all there is to do. So what I recommend is each morning start your day by selecting 3 tasks from your master list that are your first priority based on the time you have available that day. Then when you’ve accomplished those 3 tasks you can easily add some more if you want. If you don’t accomplish all 3 they will just carry forward to the next day. I kept the number to 3 as I find that to be a manageable number for most people and can be terrific motivation to continue when those 3 are completed.
Below are a few more answers to some of the questions left for me that I have asked developer, Jeromy of Roaming Hill, to answer for us.
1. Is the app available for the iPod Touch? Can I get/use the app without having a data package?
Yes it works on the iPod Touch and it works without a data package. It is good, however, (and necessary for those running old versions of the iOS on their device) to update to the latest version. They can see what version they are on by going to Settings -> General -> About and looking at the Version section. If it is 3.2 or lower than they need to update for sure.
2. Are there supposed to be tasks under the 52 Weeks tab? I don’t see any pre-populated, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to enter my own.
Simply add your tasks to the All Tasks basket first and then you can easily add those tasks into the 52 week basket.
Note from Laura: I did think about pre-populating tasks in the 52 weeks section but everyone’s list will be so dramatically different with what needs to be done. One idea is to check out the 5 min and 30 min task lists and use some of those to complete your list. Another suggestion would be to simply walk around your home with your phone and add to the All Tasks list as you see things you would like to get organized. Once you have your All Tasks list completed it is easy to populate your top 3 and 52 weeks sections.
3. Is there a way to populate the 52 Weeks tab with the blog entries so we can follow along and not have to manually enter what we get in the blog feed?
No there isn’t.
Note from Laura: As mentioned above what everyone will be organizing each week is very individual depending on time. You’ll notice that many of my 52 Week’s posts on my blog each week are more organizing principles rather than set organizing tasks to be completed. This is intentional as I don’t want to stress anyone out by saying you must do this or that each week. I hope that makes sense.
4. Are there any plans to do a desktop version to have the app sync to? Are there any plans to create just a desktop version?
No, not at this time.
5. Will the 52 Weeks section be updated with 2012 dates when 2011 ends?
Yes with the first upgrade to be available shortly.
6. When can we expect the Android version of the app?
We are working on it now. Not sure exactly how long it will take quite yet but we will let you know as soon as it’s ready.
7. Is there a way to set up my Top 3 Tasks prior to the day they need to be done? I’d like to set up my tasks ahead of time to plan out my week.
No. You see, today when you don’t finish a task in top 3 it stays around to the next day. If you are able to setup your entire week, then we won’t be able to do that as the top 3 would already be setup. So if you don’t finish one task, suddenly your entire week is messed up. Like Laura said above from what I have seen with productivity and tasks, is that if you setup a lot then you get overwhelmed and the task list becomes a depressing thing instead of a helpful thing.
8. Is there a way to get daily regular alerts to remind me to do my Top 3 Daily Tasks?
This is probably possible, but we will need to look into it further. It wouldn’t be something we would be able to add in the next quick release that we are targeting, but perhaps in a later release.
9. Any plans for a Windows version for a Windows 7 phone?
No, not at this time
10. Are there plans to create a BlackBerry version?
No, not at this time.
11. Is there a way to add my own tasks to the 5 min and 30 min area?
Not at this time, but that is scheduled for a future release (not this upcoming release).
12. There is a clitch with the timer….I had a hard time getting it to reset to 15 minutes and once I pressed the start button- it started counting down at 2 minutes. The second time I reset it- it started at 7 minutes (even though I had it set for 15), can this be fixed?
Make sure your device is updated to the latest version. See #1.
13. Help please!! I was using the Organize! app and was viewing your blog. I exited the blog, and now all I have is a black screen. Any thoughts on how to get back to the app. I am so excited to use it, but right now I cannot. Any help is greatly appreciated.
We are looking into a fix for it. Here is what I found fixed the problem: If you kill the app (meaning you push the home button twice, a list of apps comes up in the bottom section, press and hold the organize app until the minus sign appears, press the minus sign on the Organize! app, then press the home button twice again) then launch it again it should work.
Thanks again everyone! And please keep the questions coming if you have them :)
You may also like -