I'm so easily amused - %%sitetitle%%

I’m so easily amused

Nothing makes me happier than this picture I stole nicely asked to borrow from one of my friends.  Look closely at what she bought to use as Easter baskets for her kids.  Ahhh such a girl after my own heart!!  This way there is a little something in it for mommy after all the chocolate is gone.

I just can’t believe I didn’t think of it myself!

Another thing that amused me this past week was this video clip with Carrie Underwood (who I just love..my word did you see the video of her singing How Great Thou Art?) on Ellen talking about her husband’s stuff.  I love that no one is immune from stuff troubles and compromise :)  Too funny!

Now it’s your turn.  Anything tickle your funny bone lately?

Comments

19 Responses to “I’m so easily amused”
    Becky L says:

Loved Carrie Underwood singing “How Great Thou Art.” Beautiful song. Love it when George Beverly Shea sings it too. Funny stuff….trying to stay organized when travelling a few days! I know I put my ear plugs somewhere, couldn’t find them first or second day and wound up where I put them in the first place way down deep in suitcase! aRG! But I manage to find most of the stuff but as always it’s like a purse…always on the bottom! :-<

luv2scribe says:

Last year my mom gave my kids their baskets in large popcorn bowls. They use them all the time. This year she used smaller bowls but made one for my husband and I (combined) in a very pretty glass bowl that I’m now using for my fresh fruit. So clever.

tz says:

that’s a funny video! she’s adorable. Loving this blog. we’re cleaning out our basement right now and i need all the inspiration I can get. Thanks!

tz says:

oh, and very clever Easter baskets…will be on my list next year — if I can remember.

coffeebabs says:

I have done this for a few years! I have some wonderful baskets, bowls and containers (3 of each!) that I use or repackage for another gift. This year they were brightly colored serving bowls for $1 each at Walmart.

Michaela says:

We used white plastic baskets this year, too :D The past few years I’ve been giving birthday presents & wedding gifts in reusable things as well. A doll, and some nail polish in a mesh laundry pop-up laundry hamper; a baking dish, kitchen towels & canisters in a laundry basket; etc. It’s so much fun!

Amy says:

Can I just say, your blog rocks my world! I love Carie Underwood too! Thank you for sharing that and for being awesome :-)

Peggy says:

I am actually progressing toward clutter free at a better pace these days! I’ve had so many set backs but am pushing through them.

This is totally off topic but the funniest thing I’ve seen lately is the AT&T commercial:

One less item to keep around! HA!

Love your blog and website – Peggy

Jennifer says:

You asked what tickled our funny bone lately….I saw this video on the Todayshow yesterday of this little penguin, while drinking some water and almost choked it was so funny!
    It’s on YouTube, here is the link, the funny part is near the end…

So cute!

Jennifer says:

Great idea for baskets, but I did love having the same pink basket each year. :)

Lisa says:

Thanks for sharing this. I did not see this interview. But Carrie is so right about man clutter. My husband comes home with stuff all the time. His response. “but it was free!”, to which I respond “but we don’t need it!”.

I wish my mother made my easter basket as good as you made yours.

Stefani says:

Well I don’t know that this tickled my funny bone but I did squesl for joy. Milk is actually under $3 a gallon this week! Yeah I know it doesn’t take much to get me excited :)

Kathy says:

We always reuse the same white wicker baskets every year for the girls. The grass stays in each one and we wrap them in a clear bag to store for next year with the rest of the Easter decorations. Same thing as reusing your Christmas stocking every year, the Pumpkin Halloween candy containers, and so on. We could never understand buying new each year. My Easter Basket has been around for 49 years this year, and still looks great!

monarchnmr says:

I still have the Rubbermade container my Mom used for my Easter basket 20 years ago. I use it to store our medicine. I thanked her for it again Easter weekend when after shopping for my children’s baskets, I realized how much she paid to fill it! My Mom always went all-out to make our holidays special, and always gave us gifts in wicker laundry baskets, laundry hampers, storage containers, etc. All of which I still have & use today!

It is good to use the same baskets every year, if possible, but if not, I love these! Great for organizing little things after the candy is gone! My mother-in-law used beach buckets for the great grandkids this year, cute idea!
    Bernice
    How to be an active participant in your own life

Kirsten says:

Oh how Carrie sang that song, whew, gives my God bumps just thinking about it. And too funny how you steps have me thinking about organizing out of habit. lol My boys Easter baskets bit the dust last year so I went to buy new ones but decided that since they are getting older and don’t have that many years left of getting a basket. I would get these nice baskets at World Market to keep by the door under the bench for their shoes. See that your converting me one step at a time. and Proud of it!!!

Sinea says:

Yes…today my big yellow lab, Lexi, got into the newly purchased groceries I had laid on the floor (first mistake!). She found what I think she thought was one of those rawhide-rings? So she snatched it out only to find that it was a big bagel! What a prize. Dogs will be dogs! :)

rmjheat says:

My husband’s grandma used to give us the following for Christmas: a big rubbermaid container (the “tub” kind) filled with a huge bottle of laundry detergent, socks, paper towels, toilet paper, and other household items. Very thoughtful and we used every last bit of it.

His other grandma has always given us practical gifts – a humidifier, deep freezer, lawn mower, grill, snow blower, etc. We SO appreciate it. I too try to give the practical type gifts. I hate to give something and have it just sit on a shelf (or in a closet!)

Comments