First Book Signing in Ontario!

60th birthday

Hi everyone, I’ve run away from home.  Okay not really but I have flown the coop for a few days to come visit my family in Ontario.   It’s my mom’s 60th birthday today and she had no idea I was coming.  It was so fun to surprise her and I still can’t believe we actually pulled it off.  It wasn’t easy let me tell you because while I’m here I’ve arranged to do a book signing at the Chapters in Oshawa Center Mall and I was sure she was going to see the publicity for that event.  How she didn’t I have no idea.

I’m not sure how many of my readers live in the area but if you do I would so love to meet you in person.  I’ll be there signing books from 12 to 2 this Saturday (and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a teeny tiny bit afraid of no one showing up).

Well I’m off to snuggle my adorably cute nieces.  I’ll be back tomorrow morning with the 52 weeks of organizing post.  Can’t wait to hear about your week!!

Filed under: My Book, My Life

Comments

18 Responses to First Book Signing in Ontario!

Mrs. Wilson says

Yay! Have fun!! I hope you get a huge turnout. :)

Jenny says

Good luck Laura! I’d come, but I live in Ottawa, not Oshawa, so no go for me. :-(

Laura's mom Cathy says

Wow was I every surprised – they should be glad I didn’t have a heart attack from the surprise now that I am so old!!!! Can’t wait for the book signing.

Love Mom

Andrea says

LOVE the clock near the ceiling !!

kim says

Oh cool, I used to live in Ajax and now live in East Toronto, I’m soo going to try to be there! I’ve been a long time reader!
    Kim

Thanks again for coming to visit me Kim, it was so nice to meet you in person. You totally made my day!!!

Laura

Brandy says

We will be there!! Cannot wait to see you-and your book!! Good work on the surprise! I love it!

Sarah says

I’ve been reading for a few months, and I love what you write!! I live pretty close to Oshawa and would have definitely come to your book signing, but I have to work all day on Saturday. Good luck, I’m sure lots of people will show up!

Paula says

Paula says

Ohhhhhhhhh, why couldn’t you have been home a couple weeks ago when I was home in Bowmanville :( Guess I’ll have to wait till you feel the need to visit Ottawa :) Paula

More Than A Mom says

I am in Kitchener. If I didn’t have my daughter’s 5th birthday party I’d come. Have a fantastic time at the signing – I’m sure it will be a hit.

More Than A Mom @ morethana-mom.blogspot.com

margarita ibbott says

WOW, I would be there for you girlfriend but (1) I live in London and (2) I am working with an organizing client!

Your book is awesome so, don’t worry they will come! Big {{hug}} for courage!

Margarita Ibbott (@downshiftingPOS)

Martha (MM) says

Awww, what a nice surprise! Happy birthday Mom!
    When you have a signing in SW Florida I’ll be the first in line with my book in hand :-)

Angie says

What an awesome surprise for you Mom! I hope you had a fubulous trip! Suprises like that are always the best! We really have to get you a book signing in Edmonton…maybe I could be your groupie and hang around and bring you fresh pens and glasses of water! lol! Angie xo

Lori Karn says

I’m a big fan from Ontario but live in St. Jacob’s or I would have come for sure. Maybe I’ll get lucky and you’ll come to a closer Chapters to me :)

Avee says

Cathy, You are not old because I am 1 day older. I turned 60 on March 2nd! Small world!

Comments