Aprons put you in the mood

for homemaking of course!  :)

I swear something snaps in my head as soon as I put my apron on.  It’s a little mind game I play with myself actually to get things done.  I feel so domesticated! I also hate getting my clothes dirty because really that just means more work for me.  Whenever I can make life easier for myself I will!

Girls, did you hear that?  Never make more work for yourself than you have to.

I love aprons so much and wear one all the time as I flit around the house puttering here and there.  I love to putter.  As I move from room to room I use the pocket of my apron to carry things that might need to be relocated to another room or I throw my cleaning rags in there or my tissues or my cordless phone, you name it.  Talk about handy dandy!  I’m not the only apron lover either as you can see from Sandy’s post on aprons over at Reluctant Entertainer yesterday.

Now not just any apron will do though.  I love me a pretty apron, a pretty fantastic apron which is why I’m so super excited about today’s promotion especially with Mother’s Day right around the corner.

OpenSky, in partnership with Flirty Aprons, has made available in my shop 100 of the Blue Chocolate Flirty Aprons at an awesome price just for my readers!

Regularly priced at $30.00 you can now purchase this beautiful Blue Chocolate apron in my shop for only $20.00!

This deal is ONLY for the very cute Blue Chocolate Apron (as pictured above) and I only have 100 available at this reduced price so don’t put it off too long.  Use coupon code ORGAPRON20 at checkout to save.  Click here to purchase.

Stock up for yourself, for your friends and of course your mom for Mother’s Day!

You might remember the review I did on the Flirty Aprons not too long ago.  Just think in no time you’ll be whipping up a batch of Luscious Lemon Bars looking fabulous just like my beautiful friend Joy here!

Filed under: Organizing Products

Comments

48 Responses to Aprons put you in the mood

Sheila Gregoire says

Okay, I definitely need an apron! Something that does make my mind click and get in “working” mode.

Although, I think I have to add that aprons can get you in the mood for more…:) I think they’re very feminine, and my husband loves them!

Sheila from To Love, Honor and Vacuum

Loving that advice Sheila :)

Tracy says

I was just thinking about buying an apron for Mother’s Day yesterday. What is the shipping for one apron? These are so adorable and I love chocoate brown.

Shipping is $5.99.

AmyBean says

Too cute! I have an apron (cute, but not as cute as these), and wearing it does keep me in the mood for housekeeping. And so, stubborn person that I am, I stopped wearing it. o_O I should put it on. I’m in a funk today. I wish we had a spare $20 so I could buy the one in your shop!

alycia says

The apron is adorable! Did I do something wrong, though? I’m getting a message that this item cannot be purchased with a coupon?

Alycia, I’m looking into it right now for you and will get back to you in a jiffy.

It appears to be working fine now, please let me know if you have any further problems. Sorry about that.

• 4.2.1
        alycia says

Worked perfectly – thanks, Laura! Now, can I put off housekeeping until my attitude-adjusting apron arrives?

Mama Rachel says

You have put it into words so well! You know, maybe our fore-mothers actually knew something we’ve forgotten in today’s society… ;-)

Now, I need to stop just looking at all my lovely apron patterns and get busy sewing one or two! LOL!

Debbie says

Okay, now you’ve got me lusting after aprons. That is probably the most beautiful apron I’ve ever seen!

Patti says

Okay, I went to buy one and take advantage of the savings, but I made the mistake of looking at the other selections. Had to get the black one!

My frugal street cred takes a hit again!

I hear ya, they are all so lovely! Depending on how this promotion goes over, hopefully I’ll be able to do more with some of the other prints in the future.

ynaffit says

I was given an apron like that for Christmas! I haven’t worn it yet, but I guess I didn’t realize how CUTE it is!!!

Lisa says

Beautiful apron! I made some aprons as Christmas gifts and kept one for myself. Nothing so adorable as this one. Since my husband does most of the cooking at our home, how can I get him to wear one (and stop making such a mess of his clothes)??? ;-)

screwdestiny says

I LOVE Flirty Aprons! I actually bought the Blue Chocolate apron for my best friend a couple years back, and I got me the Cherry one, and we just look way too adorable when we bake together, let me tell you! Now I really want to get the Pink Chocolate one and the Cherry Blossom (love cherry blossoms!!).

And for any women who don’t yet have kids in their house, here’s a tip for you: cook something for your man in nothing but your underwear and the apron. He’ll love that apron just as much as you do!

Sandy says

Thanks Laura, and I love how you describe yourself. Also, the pix of you is WAY too cute! You’re darling!

Thanks for the linky love today. I can’t purchase one (I have quite an assortment now!) but I bet you’ll do well!

Hugs!

Kim Ritter says

Then I guess I needs me an apron!!! LOL

Marci Zinn says

I love my apron. I only have a couple, but I always seem to wear the same one. My grandma made it for my mom…and she gave it to me. :) One day, I finished cooking, raced of to evening service @ church, and forgot to take it off! And…I was playing the piano that night! :) Our church was very small, and casual, so it was okay. :)

Maggie says

Out of curiosity (sp?), which Flirty Apron(s) do you have Laura? :) I LOVE the blue and brown apron, so I will have to look into getting one for myself. Gotta love aprons, being a clean freak/organized freak/perfectionist (not a good mix, lol!) I love taking off my apron and still having a clean, pulled together outfit.

Hi Maggie, I owned the lovely yellow sunshine apron you see in the picture above only I gave it away LOL. I’ll definitely be placing my order for the Blue Chocolate one though before this promo is up. I love them!

Tori says

I’ve been eyeing these aprons for over a month now…I’d love to have one but I can’t bring myself to spend money on it when jeans or shirts (or saving for the wedding) are also just as appealing! I’ll probably add it to a wish list soon though =)

Gwen says

Your apron is so cute! They put me in the mood for more than homemaking, though! Do you mind if I link to your post?

Gwen

Hi Gwen, of course I don’t mind, that would be wonderful. Thanks!

lauree says

I just ordered one! I’m so excited. I have a couple of plain ones that I don’t like. And I know what you mean by putting it on it just puts you in the right mindset!

Marci Zinn says

Do you have any patterns to make your own?

Kim @ Staying Home says

I LOVE aprons. I agree, something about them just makes you feel like the most amazing homemaker. They’re girly, cute, and keep you clean too. I just inherited one that belonged to my great grandmother, and I love it. I’m hoping to chat with my grandmother soon to hear some stories about the woman to whom it belonged since I never met her.

Shannon says

Thank you so much for the code! I can’t wait for my apron to arrive! Maybe it will magically turn me into Suzy Homemaker!

BlissfulBabe says

Love this! I bought one! Thank you for sharing! SO CUTE.

Marjorie says

Just tried, but got a message saying I can’t purchase that product with a coupon. :(

Hi Marjorie, this happened yesterday as well about the same time. OpenSky was doing some updates and for whatever reason it causes the coupons not to work during this time. Please try again in an hour or so and it should work for you. Thanks!!

Rita Sclavunos says

I adore aprons! I have a whole bunch that were my mothers, which is why I first fell in love with them- she had the ‘holiday’ aprons, different ones she wore for each holiday. I wear one at work all the time to keep clean. I also have an ever-growing collection for wearing at home. I make some, I get some as gifts. Nothing is better when cooking messy things, or doing messy cleaning. I have most of mine in a kitchen cabinet, and have a few out hanging, ready to wear at a moments notice. I even have friends wear them when we have group cooking nights– everyone gets to choose their favorite.

loretta smiles says

Hi Rita,I agree with you! I also like to wear one with stockings and have sex punishment with my boyfriend!

Jena OrganizingMommy says

I’m all about wearing aprons. Yes, I feel “domestic” also. I believe the word “domesticated” is when a pet is able to use the outdoors as a bathroom . Just sayin’ Love ya!

LOL…oops :)

Becky L says

I just ordered the blue chocolate flirty apron. I used two aprons this weekend. Last night was pouring spaghetti sauce from pan into a bowl then was going to put it in fridge, when a bit more cooled. Spaghetti sauce splattered on my apron. Rats! (My daughter says that’s what aprons are for!) I’d planned on wearing that today at lunch with our Bible study group. So I had to wear another one, that’s black that a friend made me. So am glad to get another apron and I think it’s so cute. Wore black apron this afternoon while doing some more organizing of the family room that I will post later. I did too much cleaning/moving stuff in 2 days, made me near tears too many times. Is it becuz of……..who knows. I will be ok, I think. If I just got rid of some stuff, without even looking at it, I’d probably not miss it. ;0)

Yep that’s what aprons are for :) Great job on the organizing Becky. You are doing so well!

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

I received the cherry apron from them this weekend. I can hardly wait to wear it.
    -Liz

That’s awesome Liz, enjoy!!

Lindsay Hamilton says

Just bought two one for me and one for a friend that loves to cook as well who’s birthday is actually a week away! She will love it!! Just wanted to let you know that I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I love being organized and you have wonderful ideas for me to add to my life!

xo

Noel Lynne Figart says

I do wear an apron when I cook, but it’s not a flirty-type cute thing. It’s a big cafe-style (butcher) apron that covers me pretty well from bust to knee.

Because I do tend to tie back my hair and don an apron before I cook, it’s rather look putting on a uniform or something, and does put me in “work mode”.

Comments