Storage Star ~ Make your own charging station

storagestar

I love love love when readers come up with inexpensive storage solutions to fill an organizing need.  Marci, from the lovely blog Overcoming Busy, did just that in a post yesterday that brought a huge smile to my face.  I knew I just had to share it with you.

Don’t all those charging cords for cell phones, Mp3’s, Nintendo DS’s, etc drive you a little nutso scattered all over the house?  It certainly does me but those commercial charging stations can be pretty expensive.  Marci decided to create her own using supplies from Michaels all for under $15.00!  Check it out:

charging station

Beautiful!

Be sure to visit her post to read exactly how she did it.  Way to go Marci for thinking outside of the box!

Related posts:

Power Station Recharging Center

Filed under: Organizing Solutions, Storage Star

Comments

20 Responses to Storage Star ~ Make your own charging station

Marci@OvercomingBusy says

Thanks for the Storage Star feature!! This really looks a lot cuter on my night stand than a traditional re-charging station.

Susanne says

How creative. I might have to make a trip to Micheal’s and see if they have any of those boxes left.

Adrienne says

Thanks for sharing. This seems like such an easy project that will make life easier, and safer.

Allison says

fantastic! I see a weekend project (day project?) for me in the future!

Kimberley says

Love this idea! It is so innovative, another thing to add to my to do list for sure!! Thanks.

Becky says

I have 2 different camera battery chargers and a cell phone charger. They sit in one spot and I know where they are until my daughter borrows one and goes away for a day. They get returned to the right spot eventally. When I went on a trip, I took 2 chargers with me. I put them in a ziploc bag and was able to find them easily. Thanks for sharing great storage ideas. Have a great day!!

George says

Yeah not exactly new or innovative ad this has been on several blogs, shown on DIY, and even martha stewart. If you do a google search you will find a bunch of them and instructions all over the place. So its not like this person “thought” of it, came up with it, or was oh so innovative.

George says

And the ones on DIY and a couple of other blogs, were actually much better then this one, and had many more places for charging.

Why do people who have nothing nice to say insist on saying it anyway?

laura says

Get a life “George”. Not every one spends their day on DIY or googling. Jerk.

laura says

BTW, I’m not the same Laura

Raelene says

That is such a great idea! I really should make something like that for my home!

Marci@OvercomingBusy says

I guess George caught me without my laptop in Michaels clearance aisle to check if anyone else had ever done anything like this!! I’ll try and do better next time :)

Elizabeth says

Oooh, I’m coping this one! :)

Katie says

GREAT idea! I would have never thought of it…or thought to search all over the internet for a DIY version as george suggested :) Thank you for your post!!!!

Comments