Round Up Winners and this month’s motivation!

roundup

Okay I just want to give a shout out to all of you who participated in last month’s challenge.  What a great job you did, I was blown away on more than one link that is for sure.  Thank you so much for joining in.  Are you ready to do it again this month?

First though I need to announce the FIVE winners of the book Throw Out Fifty Things.  The winners are:

Ally from Ally’s Corner

Liz from Hoosier Homemade

Michelle from Leaving Excess

Buffie from Pillaging With Buffie

Sara from Twice as Nice

Congrats ladies!  Please email me with your addresses and we’ll get that out to you lickety split.

Now let’s get ready as we move into getting our vehicles organized for the summer months.  It’s not just about cleaning them out (although that’s a definite bonus!) but also about planning and preparing some storage solutions so we are prepared for whatever life throws our way.  Many of us spend a lot of time in our vehicles so why not make them as efficient as possible so we can reduce last minute panic and workload.

Sticking with the book theme for another month, this month’s prize is a book by Organizing Expert, Julie Morgenstern called When Organizing Isn’t Enough – SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life.

shed

Organizing works when you know where you’re going but don’t know how to get there. But sometimes organizing isn’t enough. When you’re eager to make a change in your life, but you’re unsure of your new destination, you need to SHED. But it’s not just about throwing things away! The SHED process is more about what comes before and after you heave the clutter, so that changes you make really stick in the long term.

Learn how to:

• Separate the treasures – What is truly worth hanging on to?

• Heave the trash – What’s weighing you down?

• Embrace your – Who are you without your stuff?

• Drive Yourself Forward – Which direction connects to your genuine self?

SHEDing is a process for decluttering your life to make room for change.  By letting go of the tangible clutter in your physical space and schedule, you gain the clarity, energy and insight to discover what’s next.  Read the first chapter here.

Join Org Junkie’s Monthly Organizing Round-Up!

This post sponsored by:  The Dinner Solution ~ menu planning and freezer cooking made simple

Filed under: Monthly Round-up

Comments

16 Responses to Round Up Winners and this month’s motivation!

MemeGRL says

I am looking forward to tips for this month…I always place things in my car (stuff to go to the post office, circulars for grocery sales) to make it “easier” and then someone actually needs to ride in the front seat and throws off that whole idea. So I’ll be looking forward to seeing and hearing what other people are doing that works!

Jacki HollywoodBrown says

I’d love to participate but I’ve only put gas in my car twice since January. I don’t think I use my car enough to qualify.

LinLori says

I’m definitely in! We’ve had more than our fair share of long road trips, especially with having to drive to Reno on an almost weekly basis for doctor’s appointments. Thanks for an awesome challenge!

KIN (Kathy) says

I’m in! I’ve just started reading your blog and really enjoying it. With 4 kids 9 and under, my car is a constant challenge to keep clean!

Michelle says

Thanks, Laura! Looking forward to the book. Turns out the secret to keeping my car clean was my husband staying home with the kids and my working full-time!

Joyce says

Congrats to the winners!!

I missed doing the round-up last month…busy having a baby and all. =p

Looking forward to this month.

Wendy Sice says

I’m definitely going to do this challenge. I’d already done most of my shelves when you announced the last challenge, so I didn’t have before photos. Do I HAVE to show before photos of my car though? Gosh it looks awful right now. Wendy xx

micki says

i really like the SHED idea! I do love a good purge and it is so liberating to get rid of things we don’t really need!

Ginger says

I love the ideas in this book. I am a pack rat and desperately need to start shedding my stuff. My car looks like I live in it. I have 2 children that are involved in Girl Scouts and Baseball. I need some ways to organize my SUV so I will always have what I need.

Thanks,
    Ginger

Stacy says

I’m definitely in! We are moving at the end of August and we need to shed a lot of stuff….

Jaime @ Project [Cas says

What inspiration…
    Personally, I finally got a shredder, and am working towards decluttering the office. I loved being able to check out all of the blogs of the wonderful ladies that post comments here… to see their efforts!!

Rebecca says

I’m getting some ideas already!

Forgetfulone says

Just got a “new” car (new to me) so this will be great! Looking forward to your tips.

The Roost says

It sounds like a wonderful book. I so agree that shedding is freeing!

That Lem Guy says

As a photographer I live out of my car. How do I participate in the challenge?

shevigirl says

I’m up for this one! I “think” I have a lot of this stuff in my van already, I just need to organize it into one location (for sanities sake). Thanks for the idea about the under seat dollar store baskets! I hadn’t thought of that.

Comments