Makeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti

Okay I just realized I don’t have a picture of this delicious entree which makes for a very boring post, oops. Anyhoo this dish was too good not to share so I’m posting it anyway and hopefully I’ll remember to take a picture next time I make it. Thank goodness I’m not a food blog because that would really suck but I’m not so maybe I can get away with it. Or maybe I won’t and you’ll want to throw tomatoes at your computer screen in retaliation. Either way make this dish and for sure you’ll forgive me :)

Makeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti

1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.

2. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, wine or additional broth, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Stir in the reserved tomatoes and chicken; heat through.

3. Drain spaghetti. Add chicken mixture and cheese; toss to coat.

Yield: 8 servings

Printable Grocery List

Source: Healthy Cooking June/July 2008

Filed under: Recipes

Comments

26 Responses to Makeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti

Kristin says

I’m so glad that you put in the recipe that the wine can be substituted for Chicken broth. I am never quite sure if I take out the wine or alcohol in a recipe if it will turn out.

My husband had a liver transplant a few years back and any alcohol, cooked, flamed, simmered or otherwise still affects his liver as if it was straight out of the bottle — or so they tell me! So we stay away from all alcohol.

Thanks for the recipe (can’t wait to see a picture LOL)

Kristin

Kamaile says

lol…I think it’s fine that there’s no picture. I forget to take pics all the time. This dish sounds great. How can you go wrong with garlic and chicken. :)

Cheryl H says

mmmm…thanks for sharing, sounds delish!! I never have wine around to cook with…I always drink it too fast! LOL I’m glad there is a substitution.

annie says

I make a garlic chicken spaghetti in the crockpot, this version sounds great!

Susanne says

This sounds soooo good. Sometimes I substitute apple juice for white wine in recipes. Do you think that would work in this case?

I always use the additional broth myself instead of the wine. I’m not sure how apple juice would taste, it might be too sweet. Let me know if you try it like that.

Sandra says

It sounds really good Laura, picture or no picture :)

Megan says

I have a question for you. I recently found your website and I love it! I am trying to get a more organized life. I am a stay at home mom of two and I am having trouble getting everyhhing done when it needs to be done. I was wondering if you have some kind of daily schedule, in particular for cleaning, and how I could come up with one I will stick to! Thanks for your time!

Megan

m says

Nah. there doesn’t always need to be a photo! It sounds wonderful!

Heavenly Homemaker says

Hey, we can just picture it ourselves and how delicious it must look.

Since I began my blog, my kids now ask the question as they sit down at the table, “Can we eat this, or do you need to take a picture first?” :)

Diane says

Oh that sounds so yummy I will have to try this one.
    thanks for sharing
    Diane

Ann says

“Add the broth, wine or additional brother, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and pepper flakes”

OK I like the sounds of this recipe and although I do have an additional brother I might be able to part with, I think it would ruin the dish! HA HA

Thanks for the recipe

LOL, oops! All fixed now :)

Beth says

What is bowling water? Should that be boiling water?

Laurie H. says

Hi Laura,
    I had planned on putting this dish on my menu when I recieved my TOH Healthy Cooking mag. And, then when I saw you highly recommend it, I was very eager to try it out! You were so right – delish! Perfect for summertime – a “light” chicken spaghetti instead of the heavy, casserole baked type. I loved “Heavenly Homemakers” comment about her children asking if they can eat or need to wait for the picture to be taken – mine do the same thing! They’re trained well! I did get a picture of this pretty spaghetti before everyone dug in. :-)

Comments