Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 3rd - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 3rd

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Happy Monday everyone!!

How did your week of menu planning go? I was able to stick to mine last week so that was pretty good except for the fact that although the recipes I used were all okay none were what I would call excellent. I’m hoping I pick some good ones this week. I’m looking forward to trying the Taco Meatloaf that Susanne raves about.

I have a friend that wants to menu plan but for whatever reason she just doesn’t. Well I’ve just discovered an internet site that takes ALL the work out of figuring out your weekly menu plans for those of you that do struggle with it or just don’t have the time. The site that offers this free service is called Wovenfare. Wovenfare is a weekly meal plan service which provides 6 delicious dinner-time solutions. There’s a meal, complete with main dishes, side dishes and accompaniments, planned for each week night and something special for Saturday. They also include the recipes and grocery list! I signed up for it just to see what it was all about and how it worked and I must say I’m very impressed. They email you a new menu plan, recipes and grocery list each week for FREE! The only time it costs you any $$ is if you want to personalize any part of your plan and even then it is very reasonable. I’m not associated with this site in any way nor do they even know I’m telling you about them. I just liked what I saw and wanted to pass it on.

So here is what we are eating this week:

Monday: Grilled cheese with tomato sandwiches and soup

Tuesday: Slow cooker Honey-Rosemary Chicken with Yukon Gold Potatoes

Wednesday: Taco Meatloaf served with rice and broccoli

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Thai Beef Salad with Crispy Noodles (Rachel Ray)

Thank you so much for coming here week after week! Happy menu planning!!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Comments

63 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 3rd”

That definitely sounds like it will make menu planning that much easier.

Candi says:

Wow–some great recipes this week!!

Thanks! Have a great week!

If you want to try a delightful recipe this week, try a Mocha Pudding Cake (http://theartofmakingahomejoyful.blogspot.com/2007/11/mocha-pudding-cake.html). It’s sure to be a hit and it’s EASY to make!!!

Thanks for the menu planning site. I will check it out!

That Taco Meatloaf sure looks good! I’m definitely going to be trying it! Looks like a great menu – thanks as always for hosting!

I love Yukon Gold potatoes more than any other! Looks like a wonderful week. May have to try some taco meatloaf. Thanks for hosting.

Gail says:

I want to try that taco meatloaf sometime too! I’d seen it at Susanne’s and had forgotten about it but it looks really good.

Mom Chatter says:

Rosemary is my FAVORITE spice I think. I will have to try out the Honey-Rosemary Chicken recipe!

Michelle says:

Hi Laura.;=) Thank you for posting the wovenfare website and I must try the Taco Meatloaf recipe!Have a great week..:)in your organized world!

Natalie says:

Friday sounds yummy!

SarahDee says:

That rosemary chicken looks fabulous!! I’ve bookmarked it and will have to try it some week soon! yum, looks like a great week!

gina says:

Great menu! The Rosemary chicken looks delicious.

Becky says:

Looks like the Rosemary Chicken has the popular vote, and I’ll have to add mine as well. The Thai Beef Salad sounds yummy, too.

I am going to pass around the Wovenfare link. It sounds like just the ticket for some. Thanks for providing it!

Kym says:

My first time this is fun :)

Kate says:

Thanks for the information about wovenfare. I’ll have a look some time.
    Have a great week.

Hello all y’all!
    I suppose that since I got a menu plan together, I now have to work on the budget element. I actually am only cooking three meals this week, for two people to enjoy, and my total came in at $80.
    We still have to eat out 3 days, but we have gift certificate money for one of those, and on another it’s only me.
    The Strip steaks were on sale, but were still $8.99/lb, so $12 there, but they were VERY good.
    Then the scallops were an unusual extra, I spent $2 on the Sunday paper, and I got my wife some of one of her favorite snacks as pizza rolls were on sale this week.
    Oh yeah, and the chicken was not on sale. I paid the extra $1/lb for the breast tenderloins because all the packages of breasts were 3 packs and were huge pieces of chicken. :)

Taco meatloaf? That sounds yum! My family is gaa-gaa for anything taco.

We’re trying something new this week – Slow cooker Oriental Chicken (the recipe is on my blog).

Have an excellent week!

mjpuzzlemom says:

I am back after 2 weeks away! The Honey-Rosemary Chicken with Yukon Gold Potatoes
    looks great, thanks for sharing!

MJ

Heather says:

I have been considering offering a menu plan / grocery list as a service of Home Ec 101. (There is always room on the Internet, right?)

blessinghill says:

Sounds great! Menu Monday has helped keep me so much organized. Thanks!

Amy says:

I’m in this week again! : )

I am so glad you were able to stick with your menu plan last week. Mine was a bust! Seriously. I thought once Thanksgiving was over, I’d have all kinds of time to cook and stuff, but it did not happen.

I dreamed about you and plastic containers last night. Oy. I think I am blogging too much! :-)
    TM

Rona says:

I was considering having Meatloaf this week. I think I’ll make it and have it in the fridge for leftovers and lunch. Thanks for the idea.

Oh, thanks for the link to the free menu plan site.

Pat in Tenn says:

I am excited to join in with you on this.

Thank you for doing this to keep us going on Menu planning.

Pat

Wendy says:

Grilled cheese sandwiches and soup are pure comfort food to me! I hope you have a great week!

Sharon says:

Oh-you’ll have to review that taco meatloaf! Sounds like something my dh would enjoy. ;)

Have a great week!

Char says:

Looks like another great week! My menu this week was planned by my 9 year old daughter who loves to cook!

Amy Parks says:

I am going to have to try that slow cooker recipe. Sounds yummy!

Mrs.T says:

Taco Meatloaf sounds delicious!

Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

Patti says:

This is my first Menu Plan Monday; I used the Wovenfare menu with a couple of small changes since a brie sandwich might be just a tad over-the-top for my husband. :)

Great menu plan for this week!

annie says:

I’m going to check out the wovenfare!
    Have a great week.

Susanne says:

Yum, I love yukon gold potatoes.

Hey that taco meatloaf looks good! ;v)

DebiP says:

I am a newbie…lurked for quite awhile and decided it was time….I have seen some great meals here and am excited to see more and share some too…this is a great idea….

Lin says:

Thanks for hosting and for the link! Checking it out now…

Sonshine says:

You have a yummy week planned. Thanks for sharing the link to the menu planning service. I am thinking on checking it out. Thanks for hosting MPM!

Katrine says:

I love this website! Thank you for the inspiration!

shelley says:

I love reading your website.

joyful homemaker

Vickie says:

The taco meat loaf looks like one my crew would love!! They would eat Mexican food each day if I let them.

I am excited to post my first menu on your blog. I have been a lurker for a year at least since I found it. Love it!!

So many ideas! I love them!

And I’m excited to be rejoining the ranks of meal planners.

Ruth says:

Thanks for posting this. It has helped me get more organized. The Taco Meatloaf sounds like something my hubby would love!

Sandy says:

Just checking in to say hi, Laura!
    Hope your December is going well.
    Sandy

Eden says:

Your menu this week looks great Laura! Have a great week!

Amanda says:

This is my first week participating, I hope I did it right!

Donetta says:

Thank you for the kindness to host this thing. You gave some great suggestions. This really does help us all keep to task thank you.

Jodi says:

1st time posting to MPM! I love your site, Laura!

Marye says:

mmm..the chicken sounds great!

Still new at this… getting better.

jen says:

Your menu sounds really good…no fajitas?

Mrs. Wilson says:

Seriously now. I do this every week and always forget to add my name!

Sallie says:

A day late as I was waiting for the Farmers Market to open up for the first week today.. Yummy fresh veggies!!

God bless,
    Sallie

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] I decided at the last minute to submit this menu to Organized Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday. You can check out the round-up here. [...]

2. ~* Menu Plan Monday *~…

Thanks Laura for hostessing Menu Plan Mondays! SundayHomemade pizzaGreen salad MondayEasy Ham Hash * (p. 44 Taste of Home’s Best Loved Casseroles)Green beansWinter Sunshine salad Cut up 1 banana and 1 apple add in the segments of 1 orange (Double…

3. [...] more menus, visit Orgjunkie. SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title: “Menu for the week of Dec. 3″, url: [...]

4. [...] like to participate in Monday Meanderings go visit Tiany!  For Menu Plan Monday, visit Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie!  Have a great [...]

5. [...] Menu Plan Monday is hosted by the Org Junkie! [...]

6. [...] throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low all day. Visit Orgjunkie for more divine menu [...]

7. [...] To see more weekly meal plans visit Organized Junkie [...]

8. [...] better menu ideas (LOL) check this [...]

9. [...] more yummy menu ideas, please check out Menu Plan Monday or this week’s Gluten Free Menu [...]

10. [...] For real inspiration, check out the other menus at Org Junkie. [...]

11. [...] am serious about trying to save time and money and have decided to join in on the Menu Plan Monday MPM…My hope is that with planning and using what I already have, I can become a better meal [...]

12. [...] Comment on Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 3rd by A Simple WifeBy A Simple WifeSo many ideas! I love them! And I’m excited to be rejoining the ranks of meal planners.Comments for I’m an Organizing Junkie – http://orgjunkie.com [...]

Comments