Storage Star #2 – Dish Rack!

I just realized it’s been a couple of weeks since I passed along another Storage Star. My next Storage Star goes to Mrs. Jones and her very clever storage idea for coloring books and crayons! I found Mrs. Jones through WFMW and I just loved the creativeness of this simple storage solution. Such a terrific example of using something for a purpose other than what it was intended. The next time you go to throw something out, take a second and think how about else you could put it to good use.

Believe it or not I actually have one of these dish racks in my basement and would never have guessed to use it this way. I love it!! Head on over to Mrs. Jones to read about another great idea she shares for using paint cans. What a lovely blog she has!

Filed under: Storage Star

Comments

17 Responses to Storage Star #2 – Dish Rack!

Katy says

What a neat idea! :) thanks so much for sharing it with us!!! :)

Mrs. Jones says

Thanks Laura! I’m so honored to be a Storage Star! I absolutely love your blog, and with 3 kids, I need all the help I can get. ;-)

Debi says

Oh, that is a fabulous idea! I use one of those things to hold misc. painting supplies (brushes in the silverware holder, plastic coffee can lids that I save to use as disposable palettes stand up in the plate holder thingies, and jars of gesso, etc. fit beside the lids). Who knew a dish drainer could be so fun, huh? Think I’ll have to go buy another one now!

Ornery's Wife says

VERY clever. I never would have come up with that. I am a product purist most of the time, only using a product for that which it was intended. I’ll pass this one on to my nieces who are new moms!
    TM

Grace @ Rose Cottage Lane says

Now that is a brilliant idea! That would be fabulous for my Inspiration Journal. I could keep my journal, a stack of magazines, and my scissors, glue and markers in it! Brilliant!

ChupieandJ'smama says

OH AWESOME!! I have a drawer full of coloring books and a dish drainer taking up room in my cabinet!! Thanks for the tip :)

Once Upon a Dream... says

Fabulous idea!!

Susanne says

Very clever!

Ter says

what a creative idea! :)

I am going to head over to that blog now and check it out! :)

Twisted Cinderella says

What a cool idea!

Charlene says

well, I shall comment now since #1 I just met you today and that was nice… #2 because I need to use this idea. My son’t colouring stuff is so out of control and I can’t figure out a good storage solution. I shall actually go to the $ store and see if I can find one for cheap because it actually looks ideal for what I have going on. We will see, if it is over $3 I will try to figure out something else. Thanks Laura!

LINDA says

Inventive!1 Always love to find ways to recycle, reuse, or reconfigure everyday items!

Stephanie says

Oh my goodness! I’m glad I saw this!! I have that exact dish drain and am planning to buy a new. I’d just planned to throw out the old one. I know exactly how I’ll use it. On top of my refrigerator to old coloring books, paper, scissors, & crayons for when the kids do crafts at the kitchen table. Right now it’s on a short-sided basic and falls on my head if I’m not careful.

Donetta says

Now that is a good idea!

Rebecca says

What a great idea! I’ll have to remember that one. I’ve also been wanting to alter a paint can & will keep organizing ideas in mind when I finally get around to it.

Jennifer, Snapshot says

This is an awesome idea!

Multi-tasking Mommy says

What an amazing idea!

That reminds me of a simple way to display your child’s artwork! Use a fancy metal recipe book holder or a decorative plate holder!!!

Comments