Meatball Hash Brown Bake

Menu Plan Monday is here.

By request:

Meatball Hash Brown Bake

2 eggs

3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)

6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced

2 tsp salt, divided

1 1/2 tsp pepper, divided

1 pound ground beef

1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted

1 cup sour cream

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 large onion, chopped

1 package (30 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed

In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in cracker crumbs, garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-in balls. In a covered skillet over low heat, cook the meatballs in a small amount of water until browned; drain.

In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, onion and remaining salt and pepper. With paper towels, pat hash browns dry. Stir into the soup mixture. Transfer to a greased 13″x9″x2″ baking dish. Arrange meatballs over top pressing into mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender.

Yield: 8 servings

Printable Grocery List

Source: Taste of Home Casseroles Volume 9, 2004

Filed under: Recipes
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

13 Responses to Meatball Hash Brown Bake

Debi says

Oh my…I’m gonna short out the keyboard here salivating on it. That sounds soooo good!

And btw, you’ve been “awarded”, so stop by when you get a chance. (the post entitled “humbled…”)

mjpuzzlemom says

Thank you so much for posting this. I found the reference while menu planning and couldn’t find a recipe.

Very kind of you to post it for me.

MJ

Twisted Cinderella says

Prince Charming would love this recipe! Thanks so much!

Posh Mama says

Ok, my hubby will immediately insist I add this to a menu plan! sounds SO GOOD!!!!! Thanks for posting it :)

Renee's Ramblings says

This sounds great! Thanks for posting it! Happy Birthday!

Helen says

Okay I was going to make ribs on Wednesday but I think I may make this instead. It looks delicious and very kid friendly. :~)

Mysit says

Mmmm – that *does* sound yummy!

annie says

Sounds delish Laura!

Sandy says

Mmm, sounds yummy.
    We’re having good ol’ tacos for dinner tonight.
    Sandy
    For Reluctant Entertainers

Becky@BoysRuleMyLife says

This looks REALLY good, but I have a question for you…

Being that your son is dairy free, do you serve him something different when you guys eat this or do you have a dairy free version of this? We’re dairy free because my youngest has anaphylactic reactions to dairy and if you have a tried and true DF version of this, I’d love to know! :) Really, my biggest concern is the cheese. I think I could make my own variation of the cream of chicken and have a DF sour cream. Have you ever made it without the cheese? Some things really need the cheese to make the dish… ya know?

Thanks so much!