Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Sirloin Roast with Gravy

It has been awhile since I’ve posted a crockpot recipe for Slow Cooking Thursday. So today I’m sharing the recipe for Sirloin Roast with gravy. Delicious and very quick to assemble first thing in the morning!

Sirloin Roast with Gravy

1 boneless beef sirloin tip roast (about 3 lbs)
1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons ground mustard
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Rub roast with pepper and garlic, cut roast in half and place in a 3-qt slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 hours or until the meat is tender.

Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.

Yield: 10 servings
Source: Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes 2007

For more great recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM!

Filed under: Recipes-Slow Cooker
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

11 Responses to Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Sirloin Roast with Gravy

Sandra says

Laura, this is just wonderful, I can’t wait to try it :)

I’ve missed visiting you, I was soooo sick for a few weeks and I’m only now starting to get back to normal and playing catch up.

Hugs,
    Sandra

Jill says

Yum!! Hubbz will love this one… and I can think of so many things to do with the leftover meat. Thanks!

Rona's Home Page says

Welcome back Laura. This one sounds like it would work for potlocks.

Sherry says

It’s been awhile for me as well! I’m glad we are both back :D

I’ve saved to my favorites — I made a new file just for crockpot recipes, so I plan to participate every week now!

Sherry

Posh Mama says

This is my first time, yours sounded so good, I was inspired to play along. And I KNOW hubby will want this when he gets home!!

annie says

I love anything with balsamic vinegar. this sounds so good.
    Blessings~~
    ♥ Annie
    My Life as Annie!

GiBee says

Oh, yum! This looks divine!

Barb says

Hi Laura!

The minute I saw the balsamic vinegar I knew this roast is so tender it melts in your mouth. What a crockpot of comfort food this sounds like!

Didn’t you just love your bouquet from Susanne? When I found mine, my whole week suddenly looked a lot brighter.

I think I worded my post in such a way people actually think she had fresh flowers delivered to my front door. LOL

Amazing job on your linen closet. That makes me want to tear into mine.

Kim says

Hey Laura, you always the the BEST recipes. I will definitely have to try this one. You need to go here and read about your new award!

Lindsay Inkster says

Thanks for your great recipe, Laura. I’ve saved it in my file :-).

Lindsay

Kelli in the Mirror says

I made this tonight for dinner and OH MY WORD it is so good. Thanks for posting the recipe!!!

Comments