Slow Cooking Thursday – Sweet Aromatic Chicken

I made this recipe last night and it was soooo good. In fact it brought back all sorts of memories for me because it tasted just like “Chicken Magic”. Please tell me someone else remembers Chicken Magic. I don’t believe you can buy it anymore but it used to come in a box similar to Shake n Bake and you prepared it much the same way as well. I made Chicken Magic all the time in college….it was so good…it was my signature dish….lol. Anyhoo all I’m saying is this recipe reminded me of my good ole college days :) Don’t I sound like an old lady!

It isn’t of the low fat variety but I’m sure you could use the Lite Cocunut milk with similar results.

I hope you like it too!

Sweet Aromatic Chicken

1/2 cup cocunut milk

1/2 cup water

8 chicken thighs, skinned

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp soy sauce

1/8 tsp ground cloves

2 garlic cloves, minced

Combine cocunut milk and water. Pour into greased slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients in order listed. Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours. Enjoy!

Printable Grocery List

Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook

Visit Sandra’s for more Slow Cooking recipes!

Filed under: Recipes-Slow Cooker

Comments

22 Responses to Slow Cooking Thursday – Sweet Aromatic Chicken

Tammy says

You know what? I tried this recipe once and my husband and I didn’t really care for it. LOL However, I do love my cookbook, Fix it and Forget it. I think I’ve only made two “duds” from this book, and this one was one of them. =)

annie says

This sounds so good to me. I love the flavors! Can’t wait to try it, but will probably use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
    Thanks!
    Annie

Jennifer says

Oh, yum. This sounds good. I know that *I* would like it anyway.

The Lazy Organizer says

Yum! I’ve never cooked with coconut milk before but it sounds like something my family would love!

Overwhelmed! says

I’ve never heard of “Chicken Magic” but this recipe does sound tasty!

I think I may need to get a copy of that Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook!

Thanks for sharing.

Steph says

I made this recipe tonight. It ROCKED! Hubby and I both loved it. Thanks for posting it.

This recipe looks divine! Trying it tomorrow!

Rachel Boldman says

Jessie at VanderbiltWife just posted this in her menu plan monday…I left her a comment saying it sounded good, and then I realized I should send YOU a comment too! It sounds yummy and pretty easy. I like easy. :)

Vanderbilt Wife says

Rachel, I’m glad you complimented the original chef!

Laura, I did this as part of my Whole Foods in a Hurry once-a-month-cooking menu. I think it’s my favorite thing we made! LOVE the fall-apart deliciousness of the chicken thighs. I could drink the sauce.

Jessie

Pamela says

Did you serve this over rice or with something else? Did you add a vegetable? I love finding new recipes but I’m not always sure what is best to serve with them.

ruth says

Is there a high setting? how long would it take on high? thanks!

I would try 3 or 4 hours on high but nothing over that.

Comments