Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Chicken in Mushroom Sauce

First of all, thank you so much to all of you that left me a comment yesterday on my 200th post. It was awesome and I really appreciate it!!

Yesterday I got to spend the whole afternoon helping a friend organize her kitchen. It was great and I’m always amazed at how much can be accomplished in just a few short hours.

It has been a couple of weeks since I participated in Slow Cooking Thursday but today I remembered!

I tried this recipe out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was yummy and I liked how it only has 4 ingredients!

Chicken in Mushroom Sauce

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

1 can (10 3/4) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (I always purchase the low fat variety)

1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine soup and sour cream; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.

Source: Taste of Home’s Simple and Delicious 2007

Enjoy!

Thanks Sandra for hosting this!!

Filed under: Recipes-Slow Cooker

Comments

16 Responses to Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Chicken in Mushroom Sauce

Anonymous says

This reminds me of a dish my grandma used to make. Not in the slow cooker, but in the oven and instead of bacon she used dried beef. I bet it would be so good and juicy in the crock pot! I’m printing this one off to try myself.

momrn2 says

I tried your last chicken recipe and it was so tasty. Another easy one to try!! THANKS!:-)

Just one question, do you serve this over noodles or anything? Or just smothered chicken breasts and then all the extra’s?

Congrats as well on the 200th! That’s fantastic!

Anonymous says

That recipe sounds very yummy! So does the low fat soup off-set the bacon and sour cream? Just kidding. I will definitely have to try this one.

org junkie says

Thanks Momrn2. This one has some sauce to it so over rice or even mashed potatoes would be good but then again I served it with perogies and that was good too!
    Laura

Char says

Sounds YUMMY! Another one to add to my collection.

Anonymous says

Laura, first…congrats on your 200th post!!!

This looks SO good….I’m always looking for new chicken recipes so this will be a great addition to my collection :)

org junkie says

Kim too funny, I use the lower fat sour cream as well but yah there is no substitute for the yummy bacon :)

L

Anonymous says

Thanks Laura,
    I will add this to my collection of chicken recipes.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

Jill says

I have actually had this before, and it is SO good. I do a variation on it, in the oven, and put stuffing in with it, cover it all with the mushroom sauce, and it is great!

I haven’t had this in awhile, and I am so glad you posted it! Thanks, Laura!

Lori4squaremom says

I’ve made this before, but not with the bacon, I bet that would be yummy! Will have to try that sometime! Thanks!

Anonymous says

I wonder if I could do it with another cream of something soup, I am not a fan of cream of mushroom! The rest sounds pretty good though!

org junkie says

I think Cream of Chicken would be good too!

Anonymous says

I love easy! That looks great!

Tsoniki says

4 halves? As in two and then you half them? LOL Sorry, it’s after noon but I think I’m still foggy. I need some tea!

I LOVE my crockpot. And I just recently finally found the crock pot bags and clean up is *so* much easier now. Love it.

katzien says

Since you’re doing the slowcooker, go ahead and toss in some sliced mushrooms. We love ‘shrooms, and I use them alot. Also, I found your blog about a month ago and am going back to read all the posts from the beginning. You’re doing an amazing service; you’re posts are relevant and timely; always something new to read; I love coming to visit! A new fan, kat

Comments