Works for Me Wednesday – Divided container

Hello again! Today’s “Works for Me” is a fairly simple idea that features another type of container that I love. It is the divided container most commonly used for fishing tackle and picture hooks and screws like this:

But what these containers are also really good for is organizing my daughter’s hair barrettes and hair elastics. I can access whatever I need quickly and it helps me to know what I have so I’m not buying more than I need. It also makes it VERY easy for my daughter to put her things away. Here is what ours looks like:

Thanks for visiting today! If for some crazy reason you haven’t seen the amazingly long list of participants over at Rocks in My Dryer than you must go there now. Have a happy day!

Filed under: Kid Stuff, Organizing Solutions

Comments

9 Responses to Works for Me Wednesday – Divided container

HeartsDesire says

We use those for nails and stuff, but I would’ve never thought about hair bows. Great idea! I’m definately going to implement that.

Shereen says

Oh, that’s a good one. Thank you for sharing. I have a couple of those fishing tackle plastic boxes laying in my laundry closet. Thanks for the heads up on this.

momrn2 says

I need to get me one of those… or 5. This is a GREAT idea!

I also loved your idea at “My Quiet Corner” of giving each of the children their own basket for winter items rather than seperating per item.

I’m going to take your advice and do that! Thanks for being “bold” and saying something!!! :-)

Rachel says

Love this! I have so many barrettes and holders for my daughter’s hair, but she loves taking them out of the drawer we keep them in all the time. She might enjoy this.

GiBee says

I neeeeee-hhhheeeee-eeeed you to come to my house. Palezzze??!?

[email protected] Five says

Okay – can you come and deal with my junk drawer? I’ll even bake.

org junkie says

Katherine, what a deal that is for me! I love chocolate anything!!!

Stacitee says

Wow! You posted about putting hair accessories in a bead-type organizer a long time ago! I wish I had seen it. I spent a lot of time and brain power (ha!) coming up with this idea. Could have saved myself the effort! I only started blogging about a week before you wrote this so that is probably why I never saw it. Good idea! hahahaha!

Comments